Buck Mark Carbon Fiber

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by mhessick, Nov 14, 2015.

1. mhessick

mhessick Copper BB

I just bought a Buck Mark Carbon Fiber pistol and would like to break it down for cleaning. The manual says not to do this. I have watched videos on how to break down a Buck Mark, but none on the Black Label Carbon Fiber. I would rather not have to clean the barrel from the mussel end. I realize I could use a snake, but I would like better access.

Has anyone broken down a Black Label Carbon Fiber, and if so, how did you do it? It has both a top and a bottom rail, and a laser. Will I need to remove the laser to get to a retaining screw beneath the barrel? If so, will I need to re-sight the laser again and do so each time I break down the pistol?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

"The manual says not to do this..."

Really !?

That's lame...
  3. mhessick

mhessick Copper BB

Yes. I agree. I can only assume that Browning knows how involved it would be to break it down and that is why it recommends against doing so. On simpler Buck Mark models 3 screws (2 above the barrel and 1 below) can be removed and the barrel comes off.

I don't know if the upper rail can be removed without affecting the rear sight (which is attached to the rail). Are there any Buck Mark owners out there, who own models with an upper rail, that can tell me if removing the upper rail affects the rear sight?

Some people have said that it doesn't need much cleaning and that they have shot over a thousand rounds without cleaning it. But I like to clean my guns after each shooting. I understand it isn't rocket science, but it appears there are only two options. Either follow Browning's advice and clean it without breaking it down or remove the laser and rails to get the barrel off and then reassemble them after cleaning. I was taught to never clean a barrel through the mussel end but using a traditional cleaning rod you have no choice.

That is why I was looking for help from someone who owns a Black Label and has done it before. I know I can break it down do that, but it's looking like the best approach is to just use a snake and call it good.

But I like the pistol a lot. The build quality is high and I love the grip design.
    [
    "The manual says not to do this..."

Really !?

That's lame...[/QUOTE]
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Well...

have you tried asking Browning Customer Service what the ramifications would be to break it down as you describe...?