BLR Scope Mount Hole Spacing

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by concretus, Nov 2, 2023.

1. concretus

concretus Copper BB

Hello, Just joined and I already have a question. I have just purchased a used BLR 81 in .308Win. If I'm correct by the serial number ( 15536pw22*) the unit was manufactured in 1984. I want to install and EGW rail for mounting a scope. I read in there website depending on the year of manufacture the screw spacing may be different and that a mount for a long action may be required. They noted in their web site:
    " In October 2019 the overall length of this mount was changed from 5.488" to 5.094" to accommodate takedown models. If you purchase a mount from a third party seller there is a chance it may be older and not fit your takedown.
    We have found that older model BLRs may use the long action rail despite the caliber. Please measure your hole spacing to confirm."

I haven't received the rifle yet to measure the hole spacing. Does anybody know when Browning changed the hole spacing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Personally, I would wait and measure the holes. One time deal. It should be really easy with a pair of calipers.
  3. concretus

concretus Copper BB

I'll do that, thanks.