A5 Carrier latch spring needed

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by FNC, May 7, 2013.

1. FNC

FNC Copper BB

Hlp needed please...I am looking for one of these carrier latch spring assemblys. It is from an early model Browning A5. Does anyone have spares or knows of any one with spares. Your help will be much appreciated as at the moment I can not use my A5. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

I'll write this down on my want list should I run across it in my travels...
  3. FNC

FNC Copper BB

Thanks Shooter 13. Much appreciated...
  4. Coonrod

Coonrod .22LR

MidwayUSA carrys a fair amount of A5 parts. They sell the carrier latch assembly for less than twenty bucks. If you haven't located one yet, give them a try.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Thanks for the reply Coonrod...
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

The Carrier Spring changed from receiver mounted to a smaller trigger plate mount in (I think) 1958. The Field Service Manual has instructions on how to use the new spring in the old guns. The FSM is available for free download from Midwest Gun Works.

I successfully modified a Remington Model 11 spring a couple years ago. Soon after, Wolff Gunsprings ran a batch of Browning springs. I ordered a couple but haven't tried them. They may require fitting.

Good luck.
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Thanks for the tip Rudolph...
  8. Coonrod

Coonrod .22LR

are we talking about the carrier spring or the carrier LATCH spring? (two different things)
  9. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Ah -- I should have RTFQ. Midwest Gun Works should have what you need.
    SHOOTER13 and Coonrod like this.
  10. Coonrod

Coonrod .22LR

After my last visit to the Midway USA website, I believe that they are getting out of the A5 parts business. Most of their A5 parts now are being listed "special order", or out of stock. Thanks Rudolph 31 for mentioning Midwest Gun Works. I didn't know about them. I used them to order a cartridge stop and was really pleased with their service.