1918A2/A3 Gas regulator thread size

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by Thompsonbarrels, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Thompsonbarrels

Thompsonbarrels Copper BB

Hello and thank you for taking time to read this. I'm new to the forum, and am assembling a 1918A2 B.A.R. kit with an OOW 1918A3 receiver. Barrel is headspaced, buffer installed, I'm ready to move ahead with the build, however when I went to thread the new gas regulator into the slide assembly, it starts but won't easily thread, the original regulator that came with e parts kit, has the same issue. I've cleaned the ports and the threads as best I can in the slide, but still no joy on threading the the regulator into position. Can anyone tell me please what the thread size is on the gas regulator/slide assembly? I'd like to see about getting a tap in that size to clean out, re-form the threads if needed.

Thank you!
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Sorry...can't help you with that problem...but I'm sure someone here will know !
  3. Thompsonbarrels

Thompsonbarrels Copper BB

Thanks Shooter 13, I think I have it identified as a non-standard thread, I'm just curious to see if someone will confirm it.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Copy that...!!

bump thread to top for better visibility...