User Name

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Ranger6, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

When picking your username for the site, when you register, please use an appropriate name. Things that have offensive words, parts of the anatomy, will not get approved. You may think it's funny, and it very well may be, but it's not going to fly. If you need a list of the not acceptable things, then PM me and I can point some out. It is also probably not very good to use the screen name "SCAMMER". Remember folks, this is the internet and its open to lots of eyes and ears. Thanks, Ranger6
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I don’t know where you get the patience.
    KyBoB likes this.
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Well, this site is pretty good. The Winchester site is trying me for sure. I deleted over 100 spam accounts today thus far. I see why ripjack stepped out. I have seen some funny usernames that made me laugh, but they just don't look good on a public forum, and I don't want to display that kind of stuff. I think members here are all from the same cloth as we are, because I really don't have issues most of the time. I know it also seems slow here sometimes, but there are several members that have zero involvement in the forum, and usually are on tapatalk in a conversation.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

If you think this site is slow now, it was a vast wasteland a few years ago. I saw it as a place where I could document what I had learned without the posts getting lost in all of the noise. Then-moderator Shooter13 liked them and made them “Stickies”.

I also tried to keep the place alive by answering every question. Basically the same questions, over and over. Now you guys are here and it’s nice to let the new experts take over.

[​IMG]
  5. Ranger6

Your answers are always welcomed. You have a vast knowledge that can't be bought with money. I would like to start some new topic's, to get some more attention, but what topic? I thought I was going to give some attention to the vendor section, but the work performed just wasn't what I thought it would be, so not sure I want to promote that. Guess someone needs to buy another Auto 5. Where is Win7stw or Biz when you need them? And Jta5er has been pretty quiet lately. I know Win7stw is down with the China virus, but hopefully he is getting better.
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I’ll chime in when no one else does, or when I think I can offer a more complete answer. But you guys do well.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  7. Ranger6

I pretty sure we learned from you. At least I can say I did.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  8. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

That’s good to hear!
  9. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

There are two reasons I like this site so much.

1.) The vast amount of information residing here about my favorite gun- the Auto 5. I had about 3 when I joined this site, I'm up to darn-near 30 or so now.

2.) The lack of drama. I frequent several other sites (all firearm or military vehicle sites), and they all have a given amount of drama, in-house arguing, backstabbing, etc. It is quite refreshing to be able to come here and learn, with an occasional joke tossed in for no extra charge--without the negative karma. I am indeed thankful, especially to the moderators that keep things smoothed out without wrinkles.
    KyBoB and Ranger6 like this.
  10. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I love this site even though it’s cost me a lot of money. One thing I am terrible about is she I check the site I bypass all the sub forums and go directly to the Auto5 page. I need to be better about replying to some of the other posts to try and keep new members interested. Rudolph has forgotten more about A5’s than I know
    KyBoB, Rudolph31 and Ranger6 like this.
  11. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I don’t think that’s true. You’ve studied the history and worked on your own collection enough to know at least as much as I do. But if my contributions here have helped, I’m glad.