Ugly 1925

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Aug 3, 2022.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I had read online that some of the guns in 1925 were stamped Browning Brothers on the barrels. This one was listed on GB and all I could see was Browning on the rib. I rolled the dice hoping it had those markings but unfortunately it doesn’t. I basically bought this gun for the cylinder choked barrel. I also don’t own a solid rib 16 gauge barrel so that was another reason for this purchase. I will probably have to disassemble and clean it. Then I’ll add a pad and shoot some roosters with it this fall.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ranger6 likes this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I actually prefer the solid rib. I don't think it makes a difference shooting, but for visual pleasure I like it. Looks like some knuckle head put a monkey wrench on the magazine cap. Good find.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Yeah mag cap is done for. I think I will like this barrel, it has some weight to it
  4. Biz

Biz 20g

Me too I prefer the solid rib. It is estheticly more pleasant and I would love tu have one stamped Browning Arms
  5. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

This one has some character and look to it.
    If it were a 12 be just the thing for beating a few up market K gun owners with at the monthly comp.
  6. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Wish that old gun could talk! What stories it might have.