The Brownings Superposed Ned Schwing

Discussion in 'Browning Superposed Shotgun' started by f5guy, Jun 25, 2020.

1. f5guy

f5guy Copper BB

Finally got a copy of this book, highly recommended. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I refuse to buy that book because I know I will go down the Superposed rabbit hole like I did with Auto 5’s
    Rudolph31 and Bill Idaho like this.
  3. Anatidae

Anatidae .270 WIN

It’s like reloading your own shells. You don’t save any money - reloading just affords you the ability to shoot twice as much for the same price. You’re going to spend all you can on your pass time, either way.

A copy of Schwing bought in 1996 for $43.15 (with employee discount) has saved me no telling how much money I would have squandered away otherwise, due to familiarity with the history and details through different periods of production.

There is a copy for sale for $275 right now. While that seems like a lot, you could stand to be ‘taken’ for much more than that on a Gr I by an unscrupulous seller - or one who is ignorant of the details, and unintentionally misrepresents the item.

It’s a great resource. Enjoy it.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  4. f5guy

f5guy Copper BB

Have to say the history of The Browning family and business dealings in the beginning is fantastic and looking forward to the rest. From skipping ahead I agree the book will pay for itself when surveying potential purchases going forward. I bit the bullet and got a first edition for $250. Made sure my kids know whats its worth and bet it will double by the time I die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Davesch

Davesch Copper BB

Glad I bought my copy in the mid-90's at shelf price. $50, I think. With the value of these types of books going through the roof, I think I might take my guns out of the safe and put the books in.:rolleye:
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  6. M-98

M-98 Copper BB

It's a great book to use as reference. Unfortunately the prices have gone a bit nuts and I seen people asking 350$ or more.
  7. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Yes an important unsurpassed resource would be the description