THE BIG GREEN-NOT

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Ranger6, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Like a big sucker on a hook, I decided to take the plunge. image.jpg
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I was super excited to see the blue papers show up today. Proceeded to open the box and the first thing I see is this. image.jpg
  3. Ranger6

Anyway no surprise that Federal is playing games with marketing, I still think it’s cool to see the blue peters paper shells. If they go bang I will be happy. Maybe in another 100 years they will be worth the $20 a box.

Attached Files:

win7stw likes this.
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Reduce felt recoil because they are paper?
  5. Ranger6

Yea according to them anyway. Might be one of those marketing things again. They are pretty slow for me.
  6. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Interesting, I just recently listened to a podcast where Vincent Hancock made reference to why he used and preferred Federal Papers and liked fact of them having way less felt recoil than plastics. He was using international load 7/8 oz at 1320 for Issf skeet.
    Also same comment on another podcast from a leading Sporting Clay Pro not sponsored who said he would walk over nails to get papers for fact of less felt recoil and muzzle flip.

Found all this very fascinating an not normally a thought in my mind that a dirty old hull could play such an important part.
    However when did some hull comparison work of my own for an earlier post , I could certainly feel and see a difference on slo mo video even though the loads were identical FPS and powder component wise except for hulls.
    Ranger6 likes this.