1. Irishduckhunter

Irishduckhunter Copper BB

I wanted to get some feedback from owners of the new A5. I have owned a new A5 in MODB, 28" since October 2012. My use of the gun has been exclusively field work, 90% waterfowl and 10% upland. Wondering if they encountered possible cycling problems or malfunctions with the bolt latch. I love the gun in terms of the way it shoots and swings but performance has been a little lacking. In addition to the A5, I currently own two Auto-5s from the thirties, three 12 ga Silvers, one 12 ga. Gold and a Citori so I am proud Browning fan. Thank you.
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Havent had the chance to shoot the New A5 yet but curious to know as well what the feedback has been on it. I think A5 is going to be the next browning added to the collection but not sure if it is best to go New or old.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!
  4. Went to corpus cristi for redheads last year in a salty enviroment - new model A5 worked as it should except on the 3rd day i noticed the bolt wasn't always completely closing. Sprayed a shot of G96 on the part that rotates - problem solved. OTW back home to GA i got to thinking about this oil i use on my fishin reels - quantum hot sauce - supposedly it bonds with metal if you believe add brags that is - anyways it seems to help my reels and so far the A5 is cycling as it should. Hope that helps
  5. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Southwest Idaho says Hi and welcome!!

Buy another safe now!!
  6. Doug Lykins

Doug Lykins Copper BB

I have two A5s, a 12 ga and a sweet 16. The 12 has had an intermittent problem with the bolt locking open as though it is empty when there is in fact A round wanting to come up from the magazine. This occurred maybe 2-3 times per 100 rounds. I finally sent it in to Browning in Arnold. Other than that, I really like these shotguns. They come up fast and hit where I look. The 16 came new with no lube on the rails or anywhere else so my first outing with it the gun didn’t cycle well. Lubed it and it cycles flawlessly.