New 1911 380 owners - Greetings from TN

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by wkrp4me, Aug 22, 2022.

1. wkrp4me

wkrp4me Guest

Just bought a 1911 380 pro compact about a month ago. So far, it’s been great. Between my wife and I we have put about 400 rounds thru it. There have been a few malfunctions, but not enough to worry us at this point. We are both accustomed to larger 9 mm guns and both seem to have some grip adjustments to work out given the small grip and large slide lock, but on a one-to-ten scale, it’s in the high nines. We are both later 70s with the usual aches and pains that come with age, so we were looking for soft shooting, easy rack, dependable options. The accuracy and fun to shoot factors are perfect, but we are seeing that some ammo is more reliable than others as far as feeding goes. We have encountered one situation where the gun ejected unfired round 7 and 8 together for reasons not yet understood. In any event, we read a lot of older comments here in the forum before we bought this gun. We look forward to sharing any info that might be of value with the group.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Congrats on the new purchase. It always nice when the shooting partner(wife) likes it too. Sure would like to see some pictures. Enjoy and stay safe.
  3. wkrp4me

wkrp4me Guest

Photos from Monday at the range. IMG_0932.JPG IMG_0935.JPG
    KyBoB likes this.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Very nice. I don't think I would mess with your wife. Thats some nice groups.
    KyBoB likes this.