Maxus Carrier Latch Pin Clip Help Required

Discussion in 'Browning Maxus Shotgun' started by Fooshman, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Fooshman

Fooshman Copper BB

I finally decided to clean my Maxus. After taking the bolt and trigger assembly out I started to wipe out the receiver and noticed a little clip laying in there.
    I looked up the part and it's the Carrier Latch Pin Clip (#22 on their breakdown). Even looking at the schematics I can't figure out where this little dude goes.

Does anyone know where it goes or possible look on theirs and show me where it goes?

[​IMG]

I'm thinking it could go here where the red arrow points. Can anyone verify?

[​IMG]
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Fooshman !!

Can't help with your question...as I don't own and therefore have never field stripped a Maxus. But stick around, we have some knowledgeable members who will be more than willing to help.

In the meantime...please visit our Welcome area and share a few syllables about yourself and what you do with your Maxus...

Thanks

SHOOTER13
    Global Moderator
  3. Fooshman

Fooshman Copper BB

The problem has been solved.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

What was the solution...where did the pin go...!?
  5. Fooshman

Fooshman Copper BB

It goes in that slot and over the pin where the arrow was pointing.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

OK...thanks for the report.
  7. SOG

SOG .22LR

That is the dirtiest weapon I have ever seen. Looks like too much oil and a lot of unfired powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Fooshman

Fooshman Copper BB

lol

I didn't think it was that bad seeing as how it hadn't been cleaned since I got it. That was dang near 4 years and a lot of shells later.

That pic with all the clp and whatnot was when I started to thoroughly clean it.