Mark II Safari Trophy Edition Deer Bar

Discussion in 'Browning BAR Rifle' started by Charles Rice, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Charles Rice

Charles Rice Copper BB

A good friend of mine passed away and left this Mark II Safari BAR — Trophy Edition Deer BAR for her to sell. I have no idea of what it might be worth, but I have uploaded a couple of pictures to solicit ideas...or if anyone know where I might find pricing for the rifle. I have tried all of the usual places and have found nothing on this particular short run of rifles.

upload_2022-12-23_13-43-37.jpeg

upload_2022-12-23_13-44-16.jpeg upload_2022-12-23_13-43-37.jpeg upload_2022-12-23_13-44-16.jpeg
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

If I had to guess, I would say 4,000. What caliber is it?
  3. Charles Rice

Charles Rice Copper BB

30-06...never been fired.
    He bought it as an investment.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

That’s what I thought. I would stand with my above post
  5. Charles Rice

Charles Rice Copper BB

That's what I had guessed from my research but I had never priced a gun of this grade...from Browning's explanation of the differences in grades, I thought this to be a Grade IV or V. Thank you for your input.
  6. Ranger6

Welcome sir.
  7. Charles Rice

Charles Rice Copper BB

Just to close the loop...the gun sold quickly for $4,000...it was likely worth more, but she was happy to have sold it.
  8. Ranger6

Good deal. Thanks for updating. Yep I agree if she held out she may have gotten more, but then again it’s like a crap shoot. You just never know.