making the grip fatter

Discussion in 'Browning 1911-22 Handgun' started by Billythekid, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Post all of the Browning 1911-22 Handgun accessories here...
  2. thienpont1964

thienpont1964 Copper BB

I make the pistol grips in 10 minutes. For the browning 1911-22.

Attached Files:

3. thienpont1964

thienpont1964 Copper BB

Use glow in the dark you can find iT On eBay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. Terry Skaggs

Terry Skaggs Copper BB

I just received my 1911-22 A1 for Christmas and couldn't be happier with it! Looking for a good holster for it and seems there are only a about three options. I need one that will work well when out and about on the ranch, exposed to a lot of dust and weeds, strap to keep it in the holster and OWB. Anyone have a favorite or experience with the standard Browning holster? Would order that one with the mag holder but looks like its too big. Thoughts???
  5. OperatorZ

OperatorZ Copper BB

Some of the 1911/22 models come with a 3 dot system. Contact Browning for a sight upgrade
  6. DWilliams

DWilliams Copper BB

The thing is with the 3 dot system on the different 1911 22lr A1 guns ( Standard & Limited ) is the Limited slide has DoveTails cut FRONT & rear , unlike the standard 1911 22 A1 , thats the kicker !!
    As the standard stock black sites are hard to pick up in an indoor range with a black back ground target and the back of the range is all black too , and the lighting isnt the best either .

I am going to call Browning and find out how much a Limited slide is with the 3 dot sites are and if it will fit on the standard pistol . Why build 2 different slides for the same gun !!!
  7. Let us know. I called a couple of weeks ago for white dots to replace the night sights and they have no white dots and no idea when they might get them. I'd be surprised, if they have a slide for sale.
  8. cavelamb

cavelamb .22LR

I used a "safe-one-side" jewler's file to open up the rear notch some.

Front blade is painted neon orange (acrylic) and the combination works well.
  9. Dan Carey

Dan Carey .22LR

Painted my front sight glow orange over flat white and opened up the rear sight a bit...does anyone know of a seller who makes better sights for the Browning 22-A1 full size?
  10. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

Lets hear about this fantastic piece -- my wife owns one and she loves it. Calls it her pew-pew.
    upload_2023-3-7_18-36-43.png
  11. ShooterGranny

ShooterGranny .270 WIN

I just started a new 1911-22 thread and it will have pictures if/when I can get them to Ranger6 for him to post.
  12. JimCunn

JimCunn .410

I have a 1911-22 Compact and two 1911-380/22 Compact Convertibles.
    The five slides have various sights, some decent, some not.
    For open carry, I use an El Paso Saddlery Tom Threepersons open toe, hammer thong, exposed trigger.
    For concealed carry, Azula IWB, or just pocket.
  13. ShooterGranny

ShooterGranny .270 WIN

I bought an Azula pancake for my 1911-380, supposedly for carry, but mostly also for outdoor range use. For the cheap price it is made decently, but the gun went right into it, meaning it is almost too loose. I have a true custom holster for my 1911-22 and it is a work of art - and no way can the 1911-380 to into it. I'm not going to try to stretch it because it is too high quality and that would make it way too loose for the 22.
  14. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

Lets go new -- I see post #11 that SG started a new(er) thread -- lets do it.