Magazine Issues...

Discussion in 'Browning Maxus Shotgun' started by deltawaterfowler, Feb 17, 2017.

1. deltawaterfowler

deltawaterfowler Copper BB

Hi folks!

I have an issue with my Maxus that my gunsmith can't figure out. For some reason my magazine is no longer holding it's shells in place. If I load the first round in, it auto loads into the chamber per normal, but when I go to add a 2nd or 3rd round, the shell stop doesn't work and it immediately pushes the shell out into the carrier for the next round.

This causes two problems 1) a potential jam 2) unable to load more than two rounds into the maxus.

So thinking the issue was with the shell stop, we ordered the new part from Browning, but still had the exact same issue. My gunsmith called Browning tech for support, and they said to load more rounds in hold down the carrier close button.
    Doing this works, but it's 1) a pain in the a$$ and 2) means I can't use the magazine lock switch to change round sizes if a goose in coming into my set.

Has anyone run into this? We spoke to two different Browning reps and they both gave the same advise (useless if you ask me!).

Thanks in advance,

Ben
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Please read your Private Mail here...