Howdy, (Old, new guy) with a Citori CX which he loves

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by richg99, Jul 24, 2022.

1. richg99

richg99 Copper BB

82 yrs of age. Bought my first shotgun two years ago. Had to take up a new sport at age 80 (why not)!

After trying an inexpensive 20 gauge, thinking it would help with recoil, and then two other shotguns, I finally found my Citori 12 gauge. She produces less kick than the lightweight 20 gauge and is way more fun to shoot.

I shoot 2 or 3 days a week at FFGSC.com (Fairfield Glade Sportsman Club, Crossville, TN 38558) and simply love it. I formed a small group of mostly guys. We vote each morning whether we will shoot Skeet; Trap, or Wobble Trap. Lately, the Wobble game is most chosen. Love it!

Thanks for letting me in.
    richg99
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Glad to have you sir. Your never to old to pick up new sport. Age is just a number anyway. Keep up the wobble trap.
    I must ask just because I’m curious what took you so long to buy your first shotgun? And what was the deciding factor?
  3. richg99

richg99 Copper BB

Buying my first shotgun. I guess I am what some might call a "Late Bloomer".

I spent the previous 79 years mostly fishing, along with some photography and a tiny bit of golf. I retired in 1999.

At age 75 decided I should try out for a local play and got a part. That was a One & Done role, but I loved it.

At 79 I bought my first 3D printer.

At 80, I decided that the 80-mile one-way-trips to fish Galveston's coast were getting old.

My brother-in-law talked me into buying a couple of pistols. I knocked some holes into paper targets for a while, but, it was boring. I am afflicted with ADHD, my wife says!

Why not try moving targets? Hence, my first shotgun. I've had a couple of 25's in Trap and one, amazing and not repeated, 50 straight in Wobble Trap. I still can't get my 25 in Skeet though. I came close once, but not since.

That is too much information, I am sure!... But, you asked! Ha Ha

(off to play nine holes of golf in the heat in TN)
    richg99
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Nope not to much info. I like to hear the journey that people take. Keep at the skeet it will come. Enjoy your round of golf, hopefully your using clubs and not your shotgun! It might be fun though.
  5. richg99

richg99 Copper BB