How Did You Hear About /Find BrowningOwners.com?

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Mar 6, 2012.

1. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Global Moderator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Did you find us through a google search for something specific? Did a friend or family member tell you about us? Perhaps you found your way here from one of our sister sites?

We look forward to reading about how we all ended up in the same place!
    GeoButch and Roney like this.
  2. Tug

Tug Copper BB

I found this site while researching the BAR type 2 that I just bought
  3. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Sweet rifle!

Glad you found us...
  4. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

Very nice! How do you like your new BAR type 2?
  5. Tug

Tug Copper BB

so far so good considering I haven't got to shoot it yet but soon I do know it was manufactured in 1991 it's a 30-06 and believe it or not it seems to have some cosmoline in the receiver still and from what I can tell original iron sights but no scope mounts or scope I'll post pics when I pick it up
  6. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

sounds good, look forward to seeing some pics..
  7. oddshot

oddshot Copper BB

found site through internet search, looking for a forum that might contain info bout a specific problem.
  8. DHonovich

Well were glad you found us and hopefully we can help solve your problem.
  9. marlincowboy

marlincowboy Copper BB

I acquired a couple of Brownings and was speaking to Customer Service about additional information.
    Found the link on Google.
    Looks Great! :D
  10. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Glad to have you aboard...
  11. Two Guns

Two Guns Copper BB

I found this place when I was trying to get info on the Browning A-Bolt rifle.
  12. DHonovich

Its great to see you found us and welcome aboard!
  13. gusser33

gusser33 Copper BB

I found it by trying to find a site where i could comment on my gun.

When i was 22 I got drafted into the Army. In my fourth week of basic i was handed a rifle, an M14. I had never held a rifle in my life. I felt kind of stupid because of my inexperience but my instructor was happy because i was green had never developed any bad habits. He trained me his way. In two weeks of training in only missed one target, a pop up at three meters. It startled me and i jerked and missed it. I was ticked.
    I fired expert. I never picked up a rifle again......until today. 47 years!!!! I went to visit a relative in AZ last winter and we went to a pistol range. I was hooked. I bought pistols and shot them five times. Then i remembered that my Uncle had given me a Ruger 10/22. Probably twenty years old. Never fired. I checked it out and decided to get into rifle shooting. But i didn't really like that gun. so i went on line and for two months have been reading about guns. rifles..... I have a Browning Buckmark pistol so i checked out their site. i kind of liked the looks of it. Tried to find one, but no one had one. Called all of the stores around. NONE. So, i went to one of them to check out other brands and there, hanging on a rack, all by itself, was a browning. I asked the salesman about it and he said he didn't know much as it had been there for a long time. I took it down. It was a SA22 grade II Octagon. Now, i read that these haven't been made in a while, so it had to be there a long time.. I came home with that gun on my mind. I checked out the net and the prices went from $1,400 to $1999. The one i saw was $799. So,, todoay, Black Friday, i went to check it out again and, well, it is now sitting on my bench. took it and fired it today, along with the Ruger. I was rather concerned about blowing 850 (taxes, you know) but after firing the Ruger first and then picking up the Browning, i knew immediately i had made the right choice. This gun just felt right. Period. Then i shot it. Boy, it was just great. I knew that my instincts were right. This is a fantastic gun. so well balanced that you hardly feel it in your hands. Hard to explain. But, I really really like it. I also really like the way you load it. what a great feature. Well, thats my story.
    2manyguns likes this.
  14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum gusser33 !!

Post a picture of your Browning SA22 when you find the time...!
  15. snipe10

snipe10 Copper BB

I just Googled Browning Forum and you popped up! Glad I found it.
  16. s9mcderm

s9mcderm Copper BB

I was also directed here as the product of a google search... do I get any points for searching for browning owners? (Actually it may have been browning buckmark owners)
  17. DHonovich

Glad to see you guys made your way to our community. Welcome aboard!
  18. Billythekid

hey Ozzy, welcome to the Browning Owners Community!! congrats on the purchase, look forward to hearing your reviews and thoughts on the BLR. Trying to find deals on ammo has been crazy the past couple of months but if i come across any deals will pass it along. all the best.

BTK
  19. Ontarget

Ontarget Copper BB

Hi Browning owners. My name is Rick and the username ontarget just came to mind as that is the point of shooting. Traded in some dull metal for a shiney new BAR 270. Thrilled with this tool so far and expect I will be for many yrs. Now the challenge is to make a extended mag for it. Thanks to bambam and crew it is a chore to find a spare mag for it. Browning says they go into production in may. I do hope so.

Found the place researching the bar. Be safe and enjoy.
  20. Billythekid

Hi Rick, welcome to the Browning Owners community!!! Congrats on the new BAR 270. Post some pics when you get a chance and keep us updated on the quest for the extended mag.

BTK