Help with Remington model 11

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Biz, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Biz

Biz 20g

Guys, I need some help. Anyone knows what kind of material is made the cushion and his thickness at the back of the receiver.
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I think Art has a video on YouTube about them
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Here you go 7030FB83-6052-46AE-ABDE-F5B7A321D3DE.png
    KyBoB likes this.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

There is also a rivet that holds it on. It’s a pita to replace. It a hard fiber like material. I have seen it held in place with epoxy but don’t know if it lasts
  5. Biz

Biz 20g

Thank you. I wonder if it is essential to have that cushion. The auto-5 doesn’t have it.
    Rockher_man likes this.
  6. Ranger6

Yes the auto 5 does not have it. I have seen several model 11’s with the receiver beat up, so in my opinion I think it needs to be there.
    KyBoB likes this.
  7. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

The rear of the Auto-5’s receiver is milled. The back of the firing pin doesn’t contact the receiver. You can make a Model 11 fire if you hand cycle it by grasping the barrel.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
  8. Biz

Biz 20g

Thanks, I will communicate the info to my friend in the Old Country and order the part for him from Numrich.
  9. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner .22LR

Marc,

You will need to try and find a WW2 era service manual for him also it will have detailed instructions on the repair.

A pretty arduous task from my understanding of the trials of my 48 year veteran Remington Authorized Service Center Gunsmith.

If it was made with a cushion it's younger than I collect, sorry.

Like Clint Eastwood says "A man's got to know his limitations"! Lol

Will
  10. Biz

Biz 20g

Thanks Will,
    Not easy to find parts and trained gunsmith for Old RAS in Europe