Gun Reform

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Auzzie, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

With all that has happened US so far along with Canada’s actions lately, I am keen to hear what gun control/reform measures are being proposed as the “ so called solution .

I will be clear straight up. I am not an anti gun nut !!! I am owner, user, competition shooter, enthusiast, tinkerer and once a hunter before I was deprived the right to have a pump or semi auto shotgun to use in the field. A lifetime association with firearms and regular user of this site.

On my side of the pond Australia we now have probably the toughest and most strict ownership and use laws in the world so I have lived 30 yrs without and 26 yrs with. Seen both sides.
    What I have witnessed is a slow choking death and demise of any firearm related sporting or leisure activity and all the supporting industry.
    This is from the Government continually tightening the noose with fees ,ongoing legislation changes , who is fit and proper person and storage requirements.

Public and consequent following generations are now virtually denied even opportunity to try or experience and completely re programmed and dumbed down to the Anti Side by a structured default.

I am sure this will provoke some discussion
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

There’s a new “compromise” bill in Congress that will eat away at our rights, if passed. The worst of its provisions are Red Flag laws that can strip us of our Second Amendment rights, not with evidence beyond a reasonable doubt but by the preponderance of the evidence.

The bill has a good chance of passing as several RINOS are backing it. January can’t come fast enough.

3. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

That’s interesting. We have a parliamentary system basically like the English Westminster system. There has never remotely been a sign of slackening or backing off on the control legislation measures here if they work or not by either of the major parties.
    Whenever there is an event on the world stage somewhere the media here always bang their drum and the politicians all pat themselves on the back and then say we need to be seen to do more. I am not sure how far you can go.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  4. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

In listening to that YouTube clip again there is certainly plenty of evidence to say that bill leaves a lot to the imagination.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  5. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Does Canada, or do other countries such as Australia, have a "constitution" (or equivalent) with a provision for a person to have a God given right to bare arms, and that right SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED? That makes all the difference in the world.

If so, then I suppose we can find a little common ground to integrate our efforts. If not, then it is an apples to oranges discussion.

Why just in the last day or so, our DOJ publicly stated they do not agree with our own Supreme Court's ruling a few days ago regarding states not having to show a specific need for carrying a weapon. The New York Gov and NYC mayor are proclaiming there will now be rivers of blood flowing down the streets. One would only think the DOJ should publicly state they will follow the Supreme Court's decision. But sadly, no.....

Our (The United States) legal system has run its course. We have cities and even states now saying they will not adhere to federal laws/rulings ("sanctuaries"), and we have the federal government clearly and obviously overstepping its authorities, even refusing to adhere to its own laws. So, essentially, the break down of our government has already taken hold. Laws not being held to their own standard in both directions, yet politicians (remember, Will Rogers said we have the best politicians money can buy!) continue to create more.

My humble $.02.
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

The over-reach by the Leftists currently in power will backfire on them in the upcoming election. Then they’ll have been neutered until 2025, when hopefully De Santis will be in the White House. A clean sweep of the Deep State DOJ may occur.

That has already occurred in the Supreme Court. Look at the 6-3 decisions. The Left may pass all sorts of unconstitutional bills, but without a liberal court, those laws can’t survive. We have reason to hope!
  7. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

I would put ZERO faith in 2024. There are a few people here in the US that think the "election" (and I use use that word at its original definition) may not have been quite above board. The Left, if nothing else will have learned from their mistakes. Does anyone really think they will simply sit back and 1.) depend on their apparent failings in regards to their policies, AND 2.) depend on a fair election? No way on God's green earth. They will however clean up their antics and eliminate the things that gave away their efforts that showed a "win". All the videos of the "alleged" ballot pisstivity, etc. will be gone from the get-go. They aren't going to suddenly conduct a fair and accurate "election". They will get better in doing what they "allegedly' did.
    The "Deep State" often mentioned is too deeply ingrained into the system. It IS the system. The media will not let the leftist/commie/liberal/etc. fail.

Once you flush a toilet, you can't stop it. There is no "voting" our way out of this. Not any more.
    KyBoB likes this.
  8. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

You state all of our fears. But I think it will be a lot harder to steal the next election. And finally, unconstitutional laws are being declared UNCONSTITUTIONAL. That should bring us hope.
  9. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

I was sitting watching my news service here tonight 18000 miles away and saw a quick flash story about the compromise bill you speak of had got initial traction but main focus story was the right to life stuff. Lot happening your side of the pond.
  10. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

l guess your population be 350 mill plus now days and lot of gun owners with multiple items. There wouldn’t be enough reserves in Fort Knox or Federal Treasury to even consider any kind of a compensation arrangement.
  11. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

That’s not how it works, unfortunately. The US government just has the Federal Reserve print more, that it then “borrows” it. Nothing ever gets paid back, and the value of the dollar is tanking.

But there will be plenty of that play money available if a buy-back scheme is ever passed. We currently have the Supreme Court on our side, which is why the Left is publishing the home addresses of the Conservative justices, hoping for assassinations.
  12. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

"We currently have the Supreme Court on our side..."

Relatively speaking, for now.
    Barely.
    Granted there was a very recent ruling that leans towards a positive interpretation of the 2A, but I don't trust them, especially Benedict Roberts for one second. This recent ruling IMHO, is too little too late. States will flat out ignore, or make the exemptions to where a a person can carry so intrusive the end result will be essentially the same as before the ruling. There is going to be a massive effort to add more judges.
    KyBoB likes this.
  13. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Well Bill, you may be right. But a few years ago, during the dark days of the Obama regime, something told me “It’ll be OK.” And so far, the worst hasn’t happened. I quit staring at the TV news for hours a day, and that has helped a lot.
    win7stw and Auzzie like this.
  14. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

If the news services are like here, which I assume they are , they be busy pushing their own version of events , agenda and interpretation. Your definitely right in turning them off as you never know what is fact or fiction.
    Journalist will sell their own Mother for a good story with zero credibility.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  15. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I had to quit watching the news too. I would get so pissed that my blood pressure would get high.
    Auzzie and Rudolph31 like this.
  16. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Hear today on one of my podcast shows that Governor of California has passed a bill 1st July ,placing restrictions on minors .
    Apparently prohibits a firearms industry member from marketing any firearms related product deemed as reasonably attractive to minors.
    This is in the form of advertising, with mention of tee shirts, hats, formal coaching, instruction or either digital / print media. There was mention of fines in range of 25k
    Led to believe the NRA is filing suit for an injunction.
    Where it played in was the show announced it has to restrict tournament information being posted and will no longer be able to intreview youth or SCTP kids from California.

Now this is the very start of attempting to restrict and dumb down the public as mentioned in opening words of this post.

I feel very sorry for any Parents, Kids and officials that volunteer and conduct structured youth shooting programs like Scouts , Youth Tournaments and arrangements like SCTP , 4H or Farmers Youth Program