FN1900

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by gary m, Oct 28, 2022.

1. gary m

gary m .22LR

Hello, just was curious if any of you have or had a FN1900 semi-auto .32 caliber gun? My Dad gave me his he had had for yrs and I took it too a gunsmiths to have checked out and cleaned. He told me that gun was made over 100 yrs ago and now it was in very good shape and I could shoot it if I wished. I have found some ammo tho it is hard to find and was curious if any of you have ever fired one before? I couldn't find a lot of info on it except it was one of John Brownings first semi-automatic guns he designed. It said there were around 700,000 made before they moved on to the 1910 model. Anymore input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Gary M
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Never shot one, but I can promise you if it were mine I would.
  3. gary m

gary m .22LR

I will but the ammo is hard to find and expensive. Found some online cost almost $50 for 50 rounds
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

welcome to my world with 410. You need to learn to reload, then finding it won't be any issue. The initial investment you just swallow it, then you can shoot when and however much you want.
  5. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

6. gary m

gary m .22LR

Thanks so much!!
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  7. gary m

gary m .22LR

8. gary m

gary m .22LR

I have heard that .32 ammo is different for a pistol vs a semi-auto any truth to this?
  9. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

You want .32 ACP, also called .32 Auto, and 7.65 Browning (in Europe). The ammo I linked to is what you want.
  10. gary m

gary m .22LR

Ok I wasn't sure I'm new on this so bear with me just something somebody told me I don't want to blow up this old gun!!! LOL
  11. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

You might want to consider replacing the recoil spring. It’s a blowback operated gun and that spring is the only thing that keeps it from battering itself to pieces.
  12. gary m

gary m .22LR

Ok I will talk to the gunsmith who cleaned it and checked it out

Thanks
  13. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  14. gary m

gary m .22LR

Thanks Rudolph31 I will save this info
  15. gary m

gary m .22LR

16. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Really? I get $14.06 for FedEx shipping for 10 boxes. You didn’t try to order just 1 box, did you? And no sales tax.
  17. gary m

gary m .22LR

Yes I just ordered 1 box and the shipping was the rest of the payment I don't need 10 boxes and I found out that SG Ammo is a little cheaper too!