Don't care for the BHP trigger curve...

Discussion in 'Browning Hi Power Handgun' started by SkippySanchez, Mar 2, 2023.

1. SkippySanchez

SkippySanchez Copper BB

Am I the only one?

My only BHP is a '93 Mark III that I've added the BHSS SFS system and dual stage buffered guide rod; I also removed the mag disconnect. Other than that and new grips, bone stock.

Anyway, although I don't shoot it much, last week I took it to the range and I think the curved trigger is one of the reasons why. I'm considering sending it off to BHSS for their "BHAdvanced Trigger Sub-Assembly / Installation / Fitting / Trigger Break-Weight-Tuning" service.

Anyone else have this done?

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I have done trigger jobs on almost everything. I find a factory trigger is usually pretty heavy, from rifles to shotguns. I guess for lawyer reasons. I think if it's not comfortable for you to shoot, you will not use it as often, like you stated. I am not familiar with the service you mention. What are we talking in cost?
  3. SkippySanchez

SkippySanchez Copper BB

$167. Here's a link to what I'm considering. Among other things, the trigger itself appears to be shorter/less "curvey." I've got an email into them to see if there are additional costs involved, and it appears I'd be sending the gun to them.

It's not so much that the trigger is too heavy, but it's not something I'd carry so a *little* lighter would be fine by me. It's a fine pistol and very accurate but is only shot at the range.

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

That sounds reasonable to me. I don't see the link.
  5. SkippySanchez

SkippySanchez Copper BB

6. Ranger6

Looks like they know their stuff. Did you see the note: only for past customers?
  7. SkippySanchez

SkippySanchez Copper BB

Yes, I have the SFS system and buffered guide rod. I'm pretty sure it's been within four years.

Good deal. Keep us posted.
  9. Soundguy

Soundguy .410

Yep. I had this done on my Alloy Detective EDC High Power a couple years ago when the trigger was new... Love it! Bought 5 more trigger sets and have only had time to install one of them. Mark does a better job than I.

I have two BHPs at BHSS now which will both get the full treatment.

It's not the only way to go... but it works exceptionally well for me.

Cheers,

Tim
  10. rcatastrophe

rcatastrophe .270 WIN

Just finished putting one of these into one of my Hi Powers. It was a fun job. My slide is with them getting cut for night sights so I can’t test it out unless I take a slide off a different gun. I’ll likely do that if that slide doesn’t come home soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk