Browning Silver Shotgun Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Browning Silver Shotgun' started by Billythekid, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Here is the place to talk about any and all Troubleshooting for your Browning Silver Shotgun.
  2. Budzo100

Budzo100 .410

Ok Billy. I have a question for you. The first time we used my girlfriends Silver Hunter, was at a sporting clays event. Shot the hell out of it, 150 rounds right out of the box. Upon cleaning it, I noticed that the brass slide unit. ( sorry, don't know what else to call it) It is incredibly dirty. Full of black soot looking dust or black gunk. How do I clean it? Should I clean it? And I noticed that there are two small gas port scores on the outer part of the tube magazine. Probably from where the two gas ports from under the barrel. I can get those rather clean. But not totally clean. Any tips on cleaning those two points? And should I re-chrome the tube?

Any help would be helpful

Thanks
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Pipe Cleaners.........
  4. Budzo100

Budzo100 .410

Ok, huh, didn't think about Pipe cleaners. Awesome, thanks.

Hey Shooter, You're a pretty good guy to have around eh. LOL.

So I see you work for the DOD. Do you guys carry all the time? And what are your weapons of choice? Or are you issued a Gov't selected firearm and you need to figure out how to use it???

We can't carry up here. Other than long guns. And they are over the top strict with regulations. In case you didn't already know this.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

My last eight years was with a Criminal Investigation Task Force...my specialty was Cybercrime...and we carried issued side arms.

Here's mine:

[​IMG]
  6. Budzo100

Budzo100 .410

I have shot this model. I like it. It fits my hand very well. It's just we have so many rules up here, I can only shoot it at a Range. Either indoor or outdoor. But, its not the same as our long guns. They we can shoot anywhere.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  7. Budzo100

Budzo100 .410

Hey fellas. I'm looking for either are really good video, or a great schematic to break down my Silver. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks.
  8. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Browning web site has good break down as well as MGW( Midwest gun works). The silver is super easy to break down and clean.
  9. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

And you can always use a coffee can with kerosene in it. Let piston soak for about 10 min and it will come right off. If you coat the tube, piston with clp you will be able to wipe most of the residue right off.