Browning Silver Hunter 3 1/2"

Discussion in 'Browning Silver Shotgun' started by tjs8544, Feb 6, 2013.

1. tjs8544

tjs8544 Copper BB

I have a Browning Silver hunter with a 3 1/2 inch chamber. Last weekend i took my mom and younger sister skeet shooting when they came to visit. My friend and I shot with it first and then attempted to show them how to shoot. Shortly after my sister took over control, it started stove piping shells almost every time. if it did not stove pipe, the bolt would stay open and it would not pick up the next shell. I broke the entire gun down and cleaned the gas system, bolt, trigger mechanism, etc. After all of this i noticed the extractor looked like it was sitting at an angle.

I took a picture of the extractor but this shitty thing wont let me attach it in any form. If you would like to take a look just let me know.
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey tjs, welcome to the Browning Owners Community!! if your able to show us the pic of the extactor it would be helpful. the easiest way to upload a pic is if you put the pic on photobucket, facebook, etc... and then just copy the img link. If the extractor looks like it is sitting on an angle then i would check to see the condition of the extractor spring, sounds like it might of gotten bent out of wack. If i remember correctly there should be a pin that holds it in place. how old is the gun?

BTK
  3. tjs8544

tjs8544 Copper BB

4. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

yea it does look a little off in the pic, have you tried to inspect the spring or how does the assembly look when you take it out? does anything else look off?
  5. shawnmax

shawnmax Copper BB

being a 3.5 inch gun, the gun works better with magnum shells. some skeet loads are very weak not providing enough power to work the stiff spring in your gun and produce enough gas.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

^^^...what he said !! ^^^