BROWNING BROTHERS ARMS COMPANY gun?

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Jta5er, May 14, 2022.

1. Biz

Biz 20g

Sorry, I am referring to the receiver address not the barrel that seems to be more commun. I never seen that style of receiver address on 12 gauge.
  2. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

No i can’t say I have seen another with it on the receiver.
  3. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

4. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner .22LR

Been waiting a minute to post.

Glad you guys had all the projects you needed at the time.

It will be a fine gun for doves and some upland I plan to target one of these days.

Will

Side Address 1923 BB 16.jpg

Loading Port 1923 BB 16.jpg
    Rudolph31 and win7stw like this.
  5. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Very nice sir, can’t wait to see your progress, but she will make a great dove getter for sure. Keep us posted.
  6. Biz

Biz 20g

Nice to have you on this forum. I would love to have one this Browning Brothers in my collection
  7. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

There is actually one you don’t already have Biz?
  8. Biz

Biz 20g

I am afraid so. At least 50 more to go.
  9. Ranger6

Man, that’s a lot but I know you enjoy the chase also.
  10. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Congrats. I have regrets that I didn’t buy that
  11. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Thanks for posting Will I think you did great! It’s fun to hunt and shoot the rare brownings but you will almost never run into someone that will know how rare (special) your gun is. This group is fun to share them with.
  12. Biz

Biz 20g

Do we know a many examples were manufactured and was it only on 16 gauge? Straight or pistol grip?
  13. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Nope have no idea. I’m guessing the first shipment made when US sales resumed.
  14. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner .22LR

I owned and sold a straight grip. Knew of at least 3 others all within under a 100 serial numbers in the same block 27,500.

Know of about 4 other pistol grips all in about the same number block but in the 26,xxx range.

Pure speculation at least 500 of each type in the same production blocks made for their newest and best customer J.M.B.!

Will
    Rudolph31 likes this.