Browning BPR 22WMR Parts Needed

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by AussieAndy, Nov 16, 2017.

1. AussieAndy

AussieAndy Copper BB

Hello I am after a Striker spring or a drawing of the striker spring out of a Browning BPR in 22 wmr.

I have been searching high and low and even called gun shops in the US a call to try and source this part.. No luck..

If any of you have this model please pull in down and tell me

Spring inside diameter
    Spring outside diameter
    spring thickness
    spring fully extended length
    spring fully compressed length
    number of turns on the spring.

OR.. if you have one you want to sell I will make it worth your while!! Thanks in advance.

Andy
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

3. AussieAndy

AussieAndy Copper BB

Yes I have. They do not have the striker spring. my best bet is to have one manufactured. I have made a good guess using the rifle as my starting point. Though it would be best if someone could confirm my spring design.
  4. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

5. AussieAndy

AussieAndy Copper BB

Tried there mate. No good. Im in Australia so its a little hard to search every gunshop in the usa. I have tried all the big ones.
  6. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

Brownings website lists Western Gun Parts as the source for BpR 22
  7. AussieAndy

AussieAndy Copper BB

Yes, I have been looking for 12 months now. I followed that same path of logic. No good i'm afraid.
  8. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

Somehow I usually enjoy the hunt
    I bought a perfect Colt Woodsman for cheep except the magazine retainer / catch was broke. My search took two years
  9. AussieAndy

AussieAndy Copper BB

hmm that is why I'm after someone to tell me the specs of theirs so I can just get one made.
  10. Greg Smith

Greg Smith Copper BB

If you're still here, I've got a new spring. In Melbourne. Cheers.
  11. AussieAndy

AussieAndy Copper BB

Hi mate, I measured everything else and reverse engineered a spring. I now have a few. Thanks mate.
  12. Greg Smith

Greg Smith Copper BB

All good. Maybe you could do me a favour? I bought my BPR for $50 from a dealer who wanted to be rid of it. It was pretty tired so I tidied it up, but it misfired every second shot or so. I cleaned up the worn striker but made the mistake of shortening it a bit too much. Made another from silver steel, but I need to know the original overall length, before Igt it hardened. Can you advise? Cheers.