Browning BLR Rifle Reviews

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by Billythekid, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That is pretty scary how Turkey's are now migrating to MN. How do Canadian geese taste? I have never hunted geese before but i think i might try in the fall...
  2. hightime

hightime Copper BB

It was great. We didn't leave the skin on. Most people don't think geese are that good, but ours was real good.

Owen
  3. MilosR

MilosR Copper BB

Just took delivery of my semi-pistol grip BLR in .270 today and I must say Wow! What a beautiful rifle! :D The fit and finish are superb and the trigger is super sweet and light with a super clean break. I was a bit apprehensive after reading about the less than optimal triggers some have reported with BLRs, but no such issue here. The trigger is perfect out of the box! Now just cant wait to shoot it! :D
  4. Billythekid

I always hear nothing but great things about the Browning BLR. post some pics when you got a chance and let us know how it shoots once you take it to the range. Oh and welcome to the Browning Owners Community!!!

BTK
  5. Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf Copper BB

I know this an old post but... I recently purchased a BLR in 308 Win. If I am reading your post correctly then this gun was made in 1969. You had mentioned that you had not come across one of these before so I just thought I would let you know. I have no reason to believe the serial number is inaccurate, is there anything else I should look for to confirm the date of manufacture?
  6. Billythekid

hey Grey Wolf, welcome to the Browning Owners Community, if your serial number starts with 69K, then it was produced in 1969. the 1969 BLR were produced in Belgium and were made with black triggers, does yours also have a black trigger? when they moved production to japan, they started to put gold triggers on the BLR (I think 72-73 they started making them in japan). Belgium made BLR are highly sought after and some consider a collectors item. hope this helps.

BTK
  7. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

Do you have any pictures of your BLR?
  8. Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf Copper BB

Hi BTK, yes the trigger is black. No pictures yet. I will take a couple and post them later this week. Best regards, GW
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Grey Wolf !!
  10. PAtoNH

PAtoNH Copper BB

Just ordered the BLR 81 SS takedown in 7mm-08 Rem
    I ordered an extra magazine and a couple boxes of Federal Ballistic tip too. Really looking forward to getting it home. But the fun will be bringing it up to NH and shooting with my brother-in-law in the coming months. The reviews posted here made researching the BLR a lot easier. Thanks!
  11. Billythekid

hey patonNH, welcome to the Browning Owners Community!! look forward to hearing your feedback on the BLR as well and what type of shooting are you going to be doing in NH? Love to see some pics when you get a chance.

BTK
  12. PAtoNH

PAtoNH Copper BB

Hey Billy,

Thanks again for posting the review links. What do you shoot with and what kind of shooting do you do?

I've been researching lever action rifles for months and have shot my brother-in-laws Winchester 94 (that he inherited from his dad) & Marlin 336 30/30 quite a bit. I bought the BLR for deer hunting (AKA: armed hiking :lol: ) but expect most of the shooting to be done at ranges and plinking at sand pits. I generally "sweep" on hunts in NH and have not taken a shot there while hunting in recent years. In PA I'll have to travel north a bit to hunt with this rifle but can see the possibility of a deer hunt in the future if I can get things lined up for it.

You'll laugh, but I get most of my trigger time with German built airguns in my own suburban back yard. :)

I'll post a picture when the rifle arrives. I was told to expect a bit of a wait due to the buying spree that's currently underway.

I've got an optics question but will post a new topic for that.

Best,
    Mike
  13. Billythekid

hey Mike,

I dont own any Lever action rifles at the moment (on the wish list) just a couple bolt action rifles. Mainly use the rifles for deer hunting here in NY. The Maxus sporting i have i mainly use for Skeet and trap. The BLR will be a nice choice for deer hunting witha scope on it.
  14. PAtoNH

PAtoNH Copper BB

Billy,

The Maxus sporting is a gorgeous shotgun. You can own 'em all... it just takes a bit of time and perseverance. Good luck with your wish list!
  15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Sounds like quite a collection...post some pictures when you find the time !!
  16. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome jpndave...please read the messages on your profile page...Thanks !!