Browning 1911-22 Handgun Reviews

Discussion in 'Browning 1911-22 Handgun' started by Billythekid, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Post all of the Browning 1911-22 Handgun reviews here...
  2. sirgilligan

sirgilligan Copper BB

My little friend has been flawless and accurate.
    No failures. Easy to clean. Best .22 semi-auto I own. I can field strip this fine pistol and clean it thoroughly in minutes, unlike my Ruger Mk II (which is a fine pistol, but field stripping is a big job).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. Billythekid

Great pics and thanks for the info. Ease of cleaning is a big plus for me...
  4. sirgilligan

sirgilligan Copper BB

Went to the range today with the Browning 1911-A1 22LR. Fired 90 rounds total. No failures. The firearm has never had a failure. What a breeze to take down and clean.

I have a total of 286 rounds through the pistol of various types of bulk 22 LR ammo.

This pistol is a pleasure to shoot. I have been working on trigger control. The pistol is so light that it really shows how well you control the trigger pull and your body. Excellent practice pistol.

Today I was using 36 grain Federal, in the 525 round carton.

[​IMG]

Distance 25 yards.
    Free Standing, Modified Weaver Stance, Thumbs Crossed Grip
    10 Rounds
    Group Size: 6 inches

[​IMG]

Distance 10 yards.
    Free Standing, Modified Weaver Stance, Thumbs Crossed Grip
    10 Rounds
    Group Size: 2.25 inches

[​IMG]
  5. Billythekid

Your Browning 1911 looks like it shoots great!!! thanks for the info and update.

BTK
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Looks awesome...

Can you elaborate on the field strip problem...?!

Is this the one where you need a paper clip to help ?

Read a review in one of the gun mags that pointed out that one model reviewed required a paper clip to help break it down...which I think is crazy !
  7. sirgilligan

sirgilligan Copper BB

I was referring to the Ruger. The Browning takes down like any 1911, as it should. Good job Browning.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  8. FCGC-M12

FCGC-M12 Copper BB

Just purchased 1911-22 and went straight to the gun range and shot 300 rounds. Loved the gun, except for one thing: the return of the hammer wore a hole in my hand. The hammer travels past the stop upon recoil. Any suggestions on how to stop the hammer from hitting my hand?
  9. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

Thanks for the review. It's amazing how such an "old" design has endured after all these years.
  10. Ron SMith

Ron SMith Copper BB

How does the accuracy of the 1911-.22 compare to a Ruger Mark I/II or a High Standard?
  11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Can't say for sure Ron...I don't own a 1911-22.