Browning 1885 50-110

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by Mike Holden, Dec 13, 2018.

?

Who rebarreled 2nd gen 1885's?

1. Shiloh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Anybody's guess

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Mike Holden

Mike Holden Copper BB

I recently purchased a 1885 which had been rebarreled at some previous date in 50-110. According to the serial number it was manufactured in 1985 and is a High Wall. Haven't been able to find out anything more about who may have rebarreled the rifle. Anyone have a guess who may have done this work?
  2. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

My first guess would be a Badger barrel was used
  3. Mike Holden

Mike Holden Copper BB

Not familiar with Badger, are they still around? Just trying to piece together the history of the rifle. It's in very good shape and I'm not sure of it's worth in an off non factory caliber. Not like many people shoot 50-110, although ammo is still available.
  4. Mike Holden

Mike Holden Copper BB

I pulled the forearm off and inspected the barrel. No manufacturers name, stamp, gunsmith marks, nothing.
    The barrel looks like it is brand new, clean crisp rifling, no pitting or scars.
    I would have thought it would have carried a name, initials, date or something.
    Clearly it was professionally installed, just like to know who did the work.