Auto-5 Spits Live Shells When Fired

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Rudolph31, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I’m embarrassed to say 19. A couple of weeks ago I shot a 26!
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

That’s pretty dang good shooting. I average a 22. Stations 3 & 4 are good for a couple lost birds for me
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

In case you’re wondering how I shot a 26; a couple weeks ago a group of us were shooting and one of the guy’s wife was pulling. I thought I’d missed Low 5 and asked for it again. After I hit my “option” the other guys told me I’d hit it the first time. I asked her why she didn’t tell me and she said “I thought you wanted to get a better break”. Anyway, I got my annual perfect game, and I’m calling it my “26”.

Yeah, 22 is about average for me. For a while I had trouble with High 5 and 6 until I realized my left eye was taking over. Now I squint that eye on those targets.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I was! What do you guys normally shoot on the skeet field ? I mean what gauge?
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I shoot 12, 16, and 20. I am looking hard at adding a 28 to the mix

I’d be jacked if I shot a 26. 25’s are pretty hard to come by for me.
  6. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

You gotta try a 410. 12 gauge way to easy. Want your feelings hurt give it a try. Actually it’s my favorite with skeet. Break 25 with it and no one talks shit anymore.
  7. Ranger6

I also been looking for a 28. They are hard to find.
  8. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I usually shoot my Light Twelve. I used to shoot my 16’s more, but I got tired of picking up the empties. Sometimes I take one of my 20’s.
  9. Ranger6

I agree on that picking up hulls. I shoot in a group and they all know to give me hulls, so I normally get a bunch
  10. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

My LGS has a 12 A5 gauge barrel with a poly on it for $175. I bet I could get it for a good price if you are interested.
  11. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

For me? I’m just looking for a Poly collar, the barrel is fine. But thanks!
  12. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Ok thought I’d see if you were interested
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  13. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

A few weeks ago I bought a brand new Poly Choke from Numrich. I only wanted the collar, but not finding one I bought the whole unit. The Double Auto got its part back, but one of the petals on the Auto-5 barrel was missing. I decided to shoot it anyway, but the new collar wouldn’t turn.

Now I’m glad I bought the whole thing. Hopefully Art’s can install it, though when I called they’d gotten the COVID. In the meantime, I’m shooting my B2000.
  14. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Let’s see a pic of the B2000
  15. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

16. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Yesterday I drove an hour to Art’s, hoping they could remove the damaged Poly Choke, and install the new one. It turns out that it’s not that simple. Art’s can’t do it, but they referred me to someone who can. The new guy is only a 40 minute drive, and hopefully I’ll get the gun back next month. At least it’s getting fixed, but yesterday morning I hoped Art could do the work while I waited. Optimism...
  17. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Three months and no word from the gunsmith. I wonder if that barrel is still available, Justin?
  18. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Let me check when I get back to town
  19. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Got my barrel back today! In just 5 1/2 months!
  20. Ranger6

I called Art yesterday for some work and he told me a year. 5 1/2 months not bad. Glad you got it back
    And that was a year before they start!