Auto 5 Barrel work Question

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by John Barber, May 8, 2023.

1. Gents, Seeking advice on a reputable person / outfit that can cut/crown a barrel and remount the front sight bead on the elevated bead mount platform, as originally done.
    Also would love to find a Browning synthetic forearm, Magnum or Light
    Keep Your Powder Dry -
    Thanks In Advance, JB
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Art would be the man.
    (636) 944-3630. He has a web site, its down now, but when I talked to him last week, he said they needed IT help so maybe it's getting fixed.
    I have seen the synthetic stuff on ebay. I think there is an aftermarket company that makes them too. If I remember right, it is Champion something.
    Last edited: May 8, 2023
  3. Thanks, Yeah I tried to access their site some this morning, their site has been spoofed or hijacked, hope they get it straightened out soon.

Art's I figured who be the one to go to, but wanted to goldmine the knowledge here first.

On the synthetic stocks.... I'm late to the game apparently, I can still find, with some effort, original Browning Synthetic Stocks , but not the Forearms. Browning of course made them, or someone made them for them probably, be neat to know who, maybe someone with good scoop could enlighten us.

As a secondary option, there are others that made really good synthetic stocks for the Auto 5 as well. Ram-Line and Champion made them. Actually from my research, Champion either acquired Ram-Line and continued or just took over production as they are same molds, packaging etc.

Then there are the Bell & Carson stocks, which are functional, not as nice looking, some say not the perfect fit as the above mentioned brands and are the less desired.

So, It will be an EBay, GunBroker and GunsInternal vigil until obtained, Unless I can obtain a Synthetic forearm from a member willing to part with it...
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I have a Ram Line set I could be talked out of
  5. I'm interested, Is it for a Magnum or Light?
    Last edited: May 8, 2023
  6. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Light/Standard
  7. Sir, I sent you a PM