A long time Browning man...

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Mark Rigsby, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Mark Rigsby

Mark Rigsby Copper BB

Hello, I'm Mark, from Idaho. I've hunted and fished with Browning products for close to 45 years. I think Browning makes the finest firearms, period. All my A-Bolt rifles from my .30-06 to it's big brother the .375 H&H Magnum are tack drivers. I use factory ammo and am able to get 3-shot groups what are 1/2-3//4" at 100yds. I also use Leupold scopes, which I find are quality optics without breaking the bank. My choice for bird hunting are a set of Belgian 12ga that I have had for 40 plus years. the Light 12 does everything I ask of it with its 26" improved-modify barrel, while the Magnum 12 takes care of geese and turkeys. I know all the kids today want the fancy 3-1/2" guns for bird hunting, but there is nothing like shouldering a Light 12.
    KyBoB likes this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir, we all love the auto 5 here. I have never had a need for 3 1/2 guns. I believe you can do anything with 3”, and usually 2 3/4 ,that is needed.
  3. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Southwest Idaho (Caldwell) and formerly from the south side of Chicago, says Hi and welcome!! A great group of people here, no drama, and a ton of information. (What part of Idaho? I don't think there are more than about 2-3 Idaho members, that I am aware of.)
    I have been known to dabble in Auto 5s.

Buy another safe now.