7.65 Browning 1910/71

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by Hugo Stiglitz, May 18, 2024.

1. Hugo Stiglitz

Hugo Stiglitz Copper BB

Picked this up a few weeks ago on GB for a fair price in .380 and with a complete upper barrel, slide and recoil spring in 7.65. I have seen these in .380 but never 7.65. Were these sold in the US in 7.65? It's a little tack driver too. Magazines are interchangeable between 7.65 and .380. Browning also designed these to be able to swap calibers with just a barrel change. 1910 grips without the thumb rest fit the 1910/71 so do the magazines. 7.65 slide was full of cosmoline. Ran a full 7 round magazine through it no issues! Everywhere I have looked on the web does not show it in 7.65. When I saw it I had to have it. The barrel is marked with many different proof marks unlike the .380 barrel. So I believe it was for the European market and somehow made it's way over here. The .380 just has the Belgium crown/oval proof mark. I know they didn't sell well over here, only for a few years. I read they were made up until the 80's in Europe, but I know the gun is older than that. If you put a bright light on it, it has a deep purple hue. What do I have here? Never seen one in 7.65. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 18, 2024