1927 Grade II 16

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Dec 30, 2022.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Picked this gun up a few weeks ago. It needs some work but I think it’ll clean up nice

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    recoil and Rudolph31 like this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Pretty nice buddy! I think you have the bug with these high grades. What’s the plan for the stock?
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I should have a set of furniture showing up any day for this one. I might actually get this one off to Glenrock blue but it needs new screws
    Ranger6 likes this.
  4. Biz

Biz 20g

Very nice,
    After talking with my wife, we came to the conclusion that you have to many of those high grade. Therefore, I will invite you to pass it to me.
    win7stw likes this.
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

My collection is pretty weak compared to yours!!!
  6. Biz

Biz 20g

I don’t have a 16 gauge collection.
  7. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Nice one!
  8. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Looks like same engraver as mine, also same time frame.
    [​IMG]
    win7stw and Rudolph31 like this.
  9. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Same hand or same template?
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    recoil likes this.
  10. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Good eye buddy. That’s one good looking gun you have
  11. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

For $500 I couldn’t pass this one up
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  12. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Bless me John Moses for I have sinned

Normal operating procedure for me is to take my newest gun hunting with me first chance I get. This gun the LOP was to short for me and for some reason I couldn’t get any of my other spare stocks to slide on. So I was left with no choice. I had to take my Citori 425 out for the last hunt of 2022. I should have had my three birds but got greedy and tried to shoot a double. Folded the first one up swung to the second and missed. The bird I folded up hit the ground took off running and got up and flew away according to my son. It’s a good thing season is over today the birds are going to have one hell of a fight here to make it through the winter with all the snow we have.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    recoil and Rudolph31 like this.
  13. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Beautiful birds
  14. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Nice job sir, that white background sure makes that 425 shine.
    win7stw likes this.
  15. recoil

recoil .410

I just love your pictures, so clear I could look at your pictures all day. I could only hope to get images like that. Steve!
    win7stw likes this.
  16. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks Steve. I’m not a very good photographer but I’ve learned a few tips from my brother in law who is a professional.
    recoil likes this.
  17. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I need to get this one out for bluing. I had Cole take a Jap stock set and shave it down so the wood wasn’t as proud. The Jap stocks are way thicker than the early Belgiums. He thinned the comb, reshaped the round knob, and checkered the stock like the early guns that dont have the wrap around checkering

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]