1919 16 Gauge Type III

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Oct 2, 2022.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

That’s kind of how I’m leaning. I believe this gun is very rare
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I don’t think the gun needs anything done to it, besides refinishing the stock.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Any suggestions on who I should have spruce up the stock? I was thinking of send it to Mark Larson for the repairs and refinish
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I thought that you had the skills! I’ve seen your work.
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

This one scares me. I’m not sure I’d do it justice
  6. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

The last one you did would look pretty damn good on that gradeIII. I think you should do it. If your not comfortable doing Mark is surely capable. Maybe you do wood and send off to get the checkering redone by someone.
  7. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I’d be hesitant of sending gun parts across the border. Art’s can do it if you can’t find anyone closer.
  8. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

wrong Marc. The one he is referring to is in the U.S.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  9. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

10. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Wow, he does beautiful work. Still, if I had your skills, I’d do it myself.
  11. Biz

Biz 20g

Come on Justin, that will be a joke for you to refinish the stock. If not, sale to me that little jewel.
  12. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I’m not sure I’m there yet. Here is the last one I did. Still need to have the checkering recut. This one has some severe water damage I couldn’t completely fix
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. Biz

Biz 20g

Why don’t you wait to get there then. Is they an emergency to refinish it. Often, I find it pay back to take the time to explore several options. Nice job on that last one.
  14. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

No emergency to get it done. No matter how hard I try I think you’ll be able to see where the forearm was cracked. I need your feedback on where I can improve on my skills
  15. Ranger6

Can I get that I'm not there yet on my grade II stock please?
  16. Biz

Biz 20g

In my country, we will say that Justin is more catholic then the Pope. You’re trying to do a better job then the original.
    win7stw and Ranger6 like this.
  17. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Send me your grade II stock in exchange
  18. Ranger6

We are going to have to talk about that, you would have to fit your stock to my receiver because I suck at that. There is no way I would even consider trying to fit the one you just finished. I would screw the pooch. If only I had your wood skills.
  19. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I did check the ejection port last night and it has been opened up unfortunately
  20. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Late here but that is really nice example. Don’t see anything fancy or unusual like that my world. Spectacular engraving pattern . Tell me is the LH cheek piece stock original to the gun?