16 Gauge Straight grip guns

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Stephen G Hodges, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Stephen G Hodges

Stephen G Hodges Copper BB

I know that this is a loaded question, but do straight grip 16 gauge guns show up very often for sale? I have been looking for quite some time on GI and Gunbroker and have not seen one. There is a graded 12 gauge that has been on Gunbroker for quite awhile but it has issues. Thanks, Steve
  2. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

They show up sometimes, lately almost once a month or two. Guys buy them pretty quick if they are unmolested and less than 1000.00. You can have a nice one restored for around the same.
    Sorry had to sell my shoes to buy the rare one!
    [​IMG]
    Rudolph31 and recoil like this.
  3. Stephen G Hodges

Nice feet, LOL. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I just need to keep looking. You have some nice looking guns there. My meager A5 collection consists of a pristine original 1959 light 20 with a 28" vent ribbed modified barrel, and a 1961 sweet 16, also pristine with two barrels. A 26" vent ribbed modified and a 26" vent ribbed cylinder. Barrel addresses are correct for the frame year.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  4. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

You should share pics of the 61 with 2 barrel set. Do you have a correct case for that rare gun? Sounds like it deserves one.
  5. recoil

recoil .410

I would have to sell more than my shoes.lol. very nice, I am begining to really like the auto 5s. Steve!
    Stephen G Hodges likes this.
  6. Stephen G Hodges

I will take some and no, I do not have a case for it.
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

A couple that Jta5er found for me. Seems like they were a unicorn but there have been quite a few showing up lately
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. Stephen G Hodges

I have my eye on another purchase so I may list my 61 Sweet 16 with the 26" vent ribbed Mod and Cyl barrel. If I do post it on GI I will give a heads up here.
    win7stw likes this.
  9. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Did you find a straight stock?
  10. Stephen G Hodges

11. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Share pics of sxs too
  12. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I haven’t dared go down the SXS rabbit hole yet
  13. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

I have a 16 ga bird gun for you when your ready
    [​IMG]
    it’s not expensive it’s a faux sidelock, I hope to sell it someday to a 16ga guy that will actually hunt the thing.
    Stephen G Hodges and Ranger6 like this.
  14. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

When you get a nice 16ga straight stock, the sxs’s get left at home in the safe. Just saying
  15. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

what are the spec's on this one? What year-- etc
  16. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

[​IMG] That’s a j saive 16ga 70mm 27.5” barrel gun 14 1/8 in lop cast off with .020 .030 chokes clean and tight no cracks or dents. Just has newer finish. Weighs 6.4 lbs but feels like 5.5. I like it a lot just don’t use it I have 10 I like better and unfortunately shoot the a5 16s the best. Also have grown to love my German Sxs’s more than other Sxs’s.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    Stephen G Hodges and Ranger6 like this.