Need help dating/ID of a new to me O/U

Discussion in 'Browning Superposed Shotgun' started by RhinoPilot, Jan 8, 2024.

1. RhinoPilot

RhinoPilot Copper BB

FNG here.....Big fan of all things Browning, own several BPS, MAXUS and Citori....newly acquired a Belgium Made 12 ga and need help with identifying model and date of manf.

Attached Files:

2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

3. Anatidae

Anatidae .270 WIN

The stamping 'PZ' means the frame was stamped in '81. The gun could've been completed within 6 months to 3 years after that.

8J3 denotes 'Speciale Parcours' Model #206 - it is a B25. A B-125 Grade A would have a 251 or 252 product code.

I have a catalog that destinguishes the grade of your gun, but I cannot determine in which catalog it appears.....yet. In some ways that's a good problem. I cannot come-up with it from memory as it is a relatively uncommon pattern on these B25's that were intended for the European market. This one found its way to the US via BrowninG special import. It is not an A3 but I want to say it is an 'AT' - I will confirm, if it is different. So, for now, I'm going with 'AT'
  4. RhinoPilot

RhinoPilot Copper BB

Thank You so much...I found one of your previous post from a few years ago with a Google search on the topic. I specifically joined this forum hoping to hear from you. Your knowledge on this topic is amazing. I look forward to learning more from you and others on this site. Please let me know if there is any other pics that may help.
  5. Anatidae

Anatidae .270 WIN

I appreciate your acknowledgement and kind comments. Thanks.

You seem the type of person I don't mind sharing information with - those who appreciate it and want to learn about the Superposed.

After all, people before me shared (and continue to share) their hard-won knowledge and experience with me - a 'little fish'. So, while I am careful 'what' and 'with whom' I share, I'm just passing the torch. I learn something else in the process, and shore-up my retention skills where I don't have to 'look-up' details from reliable 'published' sources....and NOT those intended for purposes of advertisement or entertainment. I'm always looking for the next 'solid' hand-made brick or stone in the wall of knowledge.

I'm not a big fan of mis-information - but it will eventually turn itself on the Internet 'experts' when the power goes off (no access to A.I.).:doh:
  6. RhinoPilot

RhinoPilot Copper BB

I feel the very same way....the internet is a great tool, but to be used carefully and definitely not exclusively!