ADMIN CORNER

Discussion in 'Announcements, Guidelines and Rules' started by Ranger6, Aug 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

This is a list of actions taken on any suggestions. The thread will be locked for replies, but you will be able to see the results as they are posted.

SUGGESTION ACTION REASON

Browning Owner T-Shirt No Go Not enough interest
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

There seems to be an issue with posting pictures, not sure what's going on. I have done all that I can. I will reach out to Ripjack in the morning and hopefully he can fix the issue. I do know there is an update coming, so it may just be a glitch. More to follow.
  3. Ranger6

Looks like some people can post pictures and some can't. I did upload with Imgur, so if you can't post with your phone try another way. If not, you can email me any picture and I will try to get it posted where it needs to go.
  4. Ranger6

Just got word from site owner that a full update should be coming in the near future. I am hopeful that this will fix the upload of the pictures. When I know more, I will post here. Thanks, Ranger6
    KyBoB likes this.
  5. Ranger6

There has been an issue that a member sent an email to one of the staff members on the forum about some changes that the member would like to have. No reply was received. So, let me say you will not get a reply from any admin or staff member other than myself (Ranger6). If you need anything site related and want an answer or a change, " I will be your Huckleberry".
    KyBoB likes this.
  6. Ranger6

ok folks when picking your username to register for the site, please don't use offensive words or parts of the anatomy in your screen name. While it is funny, it's just not going to get approved. Remember this is the internet and visible to all eyes and ears. Thanks, Ranger6.
  7. Ranger6

Just a reminder for everyone here. If you are selling something on the forum, please follow the posting rules. You need to list your username, date and the amount you are selling for in the listing picture. Please include where you will ship, and who is paying for the shipping. You need to have pictures of the item you are selling. The more pictures the better. Remember this is a transaction between you and the seller/ buyer and Browning Owners Forum isn't in the deal. If you get scammed it's on you.
    If someone gets scammed, I need to know as they will no longer be a member. If you post an add then it's your responsibility to keep up with it. That means if someone is interested in your item then you reply to them. You can do it in PM, if you do then update the site with a simple "PM sent". When the item sells, or you no longer want to sell then remove the add. If you need help doing this, then let me know @Ranger6. If someone is interested in your item, you will have 48 hours to respond to that person. If not, then the add will be deleted and you will receive a warning or be banned, whichever is appropriate. When you post an add and it does not meet the above, the add will be removed from public view. This means there is a problem with the add, and it needs to be fixed, then it will be unlocked. If you try to make another post it will be deleted. I should not have to say this but, do not post illegal items for sale, they will be deleted, and you will be banned. If you are a member here and selling items on another site and you bid up your item, you will be banned, no exception to this. Please know the rules as far as selling and buying. If anyone has questions, please ask before posting. These rules are meant to keep us all safe and things as fair as possible. I will be checking with potential buyers/sellers from time to time. If an item is for sale and you don't agree with the price, then use the PM system to discuss with the seller. There is no need to dump on someone's add. Let's all keep things in order and legit and there will be no problems. Thanks Ranger6
    KyBoB likes this.
  8. Ranger6

This is what the ad should look like

[​IMG]
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  9. Ranger6

Ok folks just got brought to my attention that some of the pictures I posted for different members is a black screen now. I think I figured out the reason, so if I posted any pictures and they show up as a black screen and not available you know what happened. Seems that when you clean up your computer and it deletes old photos, it deletes them from here also. So, if I posted something for you and you want it back, then resend it to me and I will post again. This time I will just store them in another file. Sorry for any inconvenience. Ranger6
    Thanks, Auzzie for the heads- up.
    KyBoB likes this.
  10. Ranger6

I attempted to contact site owner yesterday about the site update, and a fix for the picture error that we all have to deal with. I will post an update from him as soon as I get one.
  11. Ranger6

I am happy to announce we have reached the 5,000th member today. So I wanted to say thank you to everyone that's a new member or old member. We are growing and thanks for making this forum a good place to be. Again, if anyone needs anything from Admin please reach out. Thanks, Ranger 6
    ShooterGranny likes this.
  12. Ranger6

Looks like the photo hosting site Imgur is making some changes in May. So far what I understand if your pictures are associated with an account, you should be good to go. Now if you have your adult pictures on there then they will be removed. FYI
    ShooterGranny likes this.
  13. Ranger6

Ok folks if you happen to see some Chinese writing in a post, please let me know. I had one that got by the spam web and myself. The member has been banned and all the post that I found deleted. Please do not click on any post like this. Just send me a PM with where it's at and I will make it disappear. Thanks, Ranger6
    KyBoB likes this.
  14. Ranger6

Ok folks need some recommendations for a new section. If you want something added then send me a PM with what you got. The ladies section is/has been dead so if you are interested in another topic now is the time. No political section, causes too many problems so that’s off the list.
    KyBoB likes this.
  15. Ranger6

Ok folks I will post this again: If any member has any issue with the site, post or another member for any reason, please reach out to me. I will fix the issue. Most of the time it is a misunderstanding, that causes the problems. If you have an issue with admin or myself, you can let me know. I can even give you my cell number and we can talk about anything. I may not agree with you but will listen and we can come up with a solution. I will not tolerate disrespect, threats or bickering between members. We have very little drama, and it will stay that way.
    KyBoB likes this.
  16. Ranger6

I thought I would post this here because I was asked in another thread about posting links to things. Here is the deal, keep it professional and clean. There should be nothing X rated, racist, or anything you would not want your kids or grandkids to see or read. Let's also stay away from the political things. This forum is for all things Browning, hunting, outdoors or shooting related. If there is a question about what's ok, then send it to me and I will decide.
    Bill Idaho and KyBoB like this.
  17. Ranger6

Folks there has been a new section added to the forum for Literature, books and any good reads you would like to share. There is also a subcategory that is a Browning Factory Tour that I found while doing some research. It will be available in a few days, so stay tuned. If you would like to see the results of the vote for the new section please do so before the end of month as it will be deleted. Thanks Ranger 6
    KyBoB likes this.
  18. Ranger6

Members please read:
    If you post something on the forum, and desire to delete it for whatever reason. When you hit the delete button a box will appear and ask if you want to remove from public view or delete permanently. Please choose " delete permanently", because the other will leave it on the forum and Admin or mod has to go in a delete it. Thanks, Ranger 6
  19. Ranger6

I am posting this again, as I am still seeing folks trying to register to be members. It logs a server error that I cannot fix. If you register with your email, then it goes into space, and it is almost impossible for me to register you with the same email. So, if you are wanting to be a member, please just send me an email to: bmwguy71@yahoo.com. I will reply to the email with required info that you must provide. Yes, it's an extra step, but it is the only sure way that I have found to get you to be a member with the least amount of heartache.

If you just have a question and never plan on being a participating member then send me an email for that and I will answer or post your question for others to answer. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I do not have access to the forum software. Thanks, Ranger6
    KyBoB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.