New member, can I post pictures?

Discussion in 'Announcements, Guidelines and Rules' started by AirCommando, Jan 21, 2023.

1. AirCommando

AirCommando .22LR

Tried to introduce myself and post a picture of my Browning. Couldn’t post a pic.
    Is there a rule? Couldn’t find one.
    It wants me to enter the image’s url, but it is on my phone.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

There is a problem posting pics. I have posted it in the member welcome area, but in short you have to use a photo hosting site. I use Imgur. It’s easy. If you need help with that let me know. If you see my post about pictures you will get all the info.
    KyBoB likes this.
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

You can download Imgur on your phone also, if you have a smart phone, which I assume you do.
  4. AirCommando

AirCommando .22LR

Thanks Ranger 6
  5. Ranger6

Not sure I don’t use it, however, if it’s not a sharing site then it won’t work you would have to do some playing around with it to see if it works. Imgur is so much easier.
  6. Ranger6

Google Photos is unsuitable for providing a simple link for a forum,

This is what I got from a quick search
  7. AirCommando

AirCommando .22LR

I think it's a sharing site. Just turned 80 years old 3 days ago. May take me awhile!
  8. AirCommando

AirCommando .22LR

Well thanks!
  9. Ranger6

Give Imgur a try. It’s free and easy to use. I think one time and you will be hooked. It even keeps all your pictures in one spot. If you need help with that I can help
  10. Ranger6

Do you have I phone ?
  11. AirCommando

AirCommando .22LR

12. Ranger6

Ok well that’s what I use so I can talk you through it, if you would like
  13. AirCommando

AirCommando .22LR

14. AirCommando

AirCommando .22LR

What do you know, a pic of my 1910!
    Ranger6 likes this.
  15. AirCommando

AirCommando .22LR

16. AirCommando

AirCommando .22LR

Now maybe I can get these to the proper forum!
  17. Ranger6

Are you using Imgur now?
  18. AirCommando

AirCommando .22LR

No, I realized I had these pics in another forum, so I figured they must have a proxy host, so I just copied and pasted them!
  19. Ranger6

Ok that works too.
  20. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Over on Shotgunworld it’s now possible to upload pictures directly. I’m hoping that happens here too. Because if Imgur goes the way of PhotoBucket, no one will be posting photos.

[​IMG]
    AirCommando likes this.