New UK member

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Deker, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Deker

Deker Copper BB

Hi,

Shooter from the UK here, I've just started shooting centre fire after about 20 years of .22lr and decided on a .223 x-bolt as my .22lr a-bolt has never let me down, also have some .308s (Tikka T3 & Ruger Precision).

I also do a bit of clay shooting but unfortunately as much as I wanted a Browning they didn't seem to fit too good so I'm a Berretta guy on the clays.

Deker
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
  3. Toakey

Toakey .22LR

Deker, Welcome from frozen South West Ohio. Temperature was 10 deg F (-12 deg C) on my front porch this morning. Hope you had a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Deker likes this.
  4. Blackgun

Blackgun Copper BB

Hi Deker, I know what you mean about different shotgun manufacturers gun fit. I shoot a Cynergy Black Ice composite a lovely looking gun which fits me like a glove on both shoulders as I'm an ambidextrous shotgun shooter. However the gun has a great deal of owner friendly adjustments which do not require a gunsmith or gun fitter. However a 525 also fits me but a 725 does not, and this is the same story with other manufacturers. Its always wise to buy a gun that fits as you shoot better, rather than have the stock bent into shape for you, as it will always try to revert to its original form. I've known people who have to have their gun readjusted every two or three years.
  5. Deker

Deker Copper BB

it was really annoying, I've shot Berettas for about 20 years and really fancied a change, but after picking up 2 or 3 different ones and then trying Beretta 690 there was no comparison in the fit :/
  6. Blackgun

Blackgun Copper BB

Deker
    Glad you found a well fitting gun I'm sure you will be happy with it as the quality of Beretta is very good. There will always be a healthy rivalry between Beretta and Browning owners. If I am out shooting, and someone's gun fails to fire on a stand my stock comment is "you must be using a Beretta". Hope your 690 serves you well, and you get the results you wish for.