Browning Cynergy Shotgun Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Browning Cynergy Shotgun' started by Billythekid, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Here is the place to talk about any and all Troubleshooting for your Browning Cynergy Shotgun.
  2. Moose

Moose Copper BB

hey Guys just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the stock on there cynergy classic mine broke last week at the NEB state sporting clays championship ended up shooting a bloody k-80 i borrowed :( so I am in search of a replacement any ideas
  3. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

hey jstmz4, welcome to the Browning Owners Community!!! sorry to hear about your Cynergy, have you tried to contact Browning to see if they could do anything for you?
  4. Kev

Kev .22LR

G'day blokes.
    Just bought a new Cynergy Black Ice on 30th. Dec.
    Beautiful gun, fits me perfectly without adjustment.
    Took it to shoot skeet on the 31st.
    Shot 7 rounds and nearing the end of the 8th round one of the guys in the squad stopped me as I was about to call "pull" and said there was something wrong with my lower barrel.
    Yep, there sure was - it was bulged, right at the choke thread.
    During the day I had to tighten the bottom coke numerous times as it kept working its way out of the barrel.
    Apparently this allowed burnt powder granules and probably plastic from the wads to get in under the choke where it was compressed and finally caused the bulge.
    A loosening choke is not unusual especially in the bottom barrel which fires the majority of shots as I load single shell unless shooting a sim pair. But this is the first time I have found it to be a chronic problem.
    Took the gun back to the dealer but so far getting stonewalled by the Browning distributor.
    Has anyone else experienced this?
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

G' Day Mate !!

Can't say that I have experienced that type of problem...but maybe some other member here will know.

Hang tight...hopefully help will be around soon.
  6. Kev

Kev .22LR

It is not new for me to find a choke coming loose during long runs of target shooting.

I shoot everything except for the sim pairs using the bottom barrel and it tends to get pretty warm.

I check the tightness of chokes pretty regularly and tighten when I find one coming loose. Always turn down by hand until I can't tighten further then use the choke key to put that extra bit of tension on.

The choke in the bottom barrel of the new Cynergy came loose quite a few times and I think a certain amount of burnt powder residue and possibly melted plastic from the wads had found a way around the inside of the choke between the choke and the barrel.

Possibly caused some extra constriction that just blew the barrel out at that point.

Very disconcerting though as I was only using 24 and 28 gram loads.

I should also coment on the previous posters comments about the fore end catch become hot. Mine gets bloody hot! And it didn't take me long before I burnt my hand. Quick lesson learned there and adjusted my grip on the fore end to compensate for it.

This is the first time I have noticed the fore end catch get so hot on an U/O gun, and Browning really need to look at a modification to overcome the problem.

My Black Ice has the synthetic furniture so I should not have a problem with the stock splitting. Although I do have a Miroku with timber furniture, all made in the same factory, so I hope it doesn't split.

I wonder if any of you blokes every come to Australia?
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  7. Kev

Kev .22LR

Well here we are 51 days further down the track and still no response from the Browning distributor. Seems a pretty common tactic with this crowd as they drag everything out when it comes to honouring warrantee and sales problems. Funny how they fail to grasp the impact social media can have on their sales figures these days.
    Good reviews and comments boost sales while bad publicity can send them to the wall.
    They even lack the decency to reply to emails, and that leaves little choice for the consumer.
    So Browning can expect a serious drop in sales figures in Australia as I will make every effort to broadcast their lousy response to my problem. They have only themselves to blame.
  8. Kev

Kev .22LR

Finally a response from the distributor of Browning in Australia (Winchester/Olin). Sadly not the response one would have hoped for. They (Browning) refuse to honour the warranty. Their reason being that the gun "must have had mud or rag in the barrel".
    How bloody pathetic are these bastards? The gun fired 200 factory rounds, the barrels were never in contact with the ground (the skeet layout at my club is concrete) and the only cleaning tools are a bronze bristle brush and a bore snake!!!
    Looks like a simple case of the big guy screwing the little guy or as it is more commonly know consumer screwed by manufacturer.
    A lot of people witnessed this product failure on the day. Prior to the barrel bulging many had asked to try the gun and were suitably impressed with fit and feel, some even commenting they would buy one.
    Now the Browning name at my gun club is dirt and I doubt anyone will be buying any Browning product.
    A sad stat of affairs for what I once considered to be a benchmark in the firearms industry.
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

That is NOT what I expected from Browning...damn shame Kev.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2017
  10. Kev

Kev .22LR

Dang right!

Certainly not what I expected either.

Could it be that the distributor did not even bother to contact Browning?

I have now contacted Browning EU direct.

Browning have always had a great reputation for quality and service, so my gut feeling is that the distributor just decided to play the smart arse.
  11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Maybe...keep us in the loop.

Good Luck Brother...
  12. Kev

Kev .22LR

I will and thanks.
  13. Kev

Kev .22LR

Seems I might have been right with my gut feeling that the distributor (Olin) here in Oz did not bother to contact Browning EU at all, they just decided to reject the claim out of hand.
    I contacted Browning EU personally and told them the story. Next thing I know the distributor contacted me to say they would now replace the gun.
    Of course now they are playing the game that there are no Cynergy's in Australia and they will have to get one from Europe.
    A silly game though, as it was a simple matter to check local gun shops here and find plenty of the exact same gun available. Let them play their silly games though as I already bought a Beretta to use at the club and to hunt wild boar.
    So right here I want to offer my sincere thanks to Browning and suggest to them that they find a decent and reputable distributor here in Australia. My faith in Browning is restored.
  14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Great News Kev...

Like I said before...keep us in the loop as the "story" progresses...
    Kev likes this.
  15. Kev

Kev .22LR

Will do. Won't be around for a while as I am off to hunt wild dogs and boar in the remote outback. Sadly, I won't have a new Cynergy along for this hunt but looking forward to getting it before my next hunt.
    Catch up when I get back to civilisation.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.