A-Bolt .22 - looking for trigger guard piece or refurbish

Discussion in 'Browning A-Bolt Rifle' started by ShowMe, Mar 21, 2023.

1. ShowMe

ShowMe Copper BB

I have a very nice A-Bolt .22 LR but the trigger guard piece has some chips. Looking to replace with new old stock, anyone know of any available? Or I'd appreciate info on someone of a business experienced in refurbishing these to like original condition. Thanks in advance
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir, I think any good smith should be able to fix you up. I recently had a trigger guard broken in half. Sent to a good smith and he repaired it and re blued for 50 bucks. You couldn’t even tell where the break or repair was. Very nice since that guard was no longer available.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
  3. ShowMe

ShowMe Copper BB

I'm thinking the piece is powder coated though? Or at least painted gloss black? I'd have to look at it again, but I do know I want to make it as near to original as possible. This rifle has a brand new OEM Browning stockI bought from MGW about 6 months back, its flawless.

Thank you for the welcome too
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

One of my smiths does cerakote also. That stuff is amazing. It would probably work really well in your situation. And they can match about any color to the point it wouldn't be noticeable.
  5. ShowMe

ShowMe Copper BB

Does Cerakote come in gloss black? I gotta pull the rifle from safe and look again now.
  6. Ranger6

There are a bunch of colors. I think I picked a color called midnight. It was a very close match to the original barrels on the Zoli. If you want a picture send me a PM with your phone number or email.