Hi Power Value

Discussion in 'Browning Hi Power Handgun' started by WickedJoe, Mar 12, 2023.

1. WickedJoe

WickedJoe Copper BB

I’m new to the forum and I just picked up a Hi Power MK III yesterday for what I think was a good deal. Upon inspection I think the gun may never have been shot except by QC. The finish is immaculate. No wear at all, feed ramp, even slide rails. It looks brand new. Came in the box. It’s a 1989. I bought it to shoot but I’m wondering if it would adversely affect the value. I feel things like guns are meant to be used and handed down. I figured I’d ask you guys. Any thoughts?
  2. Shoot it. It's a gun, not an investment. If you want to "hand down" something, give your kids your gold watch.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
  3. WickedJoe

WickedJoe Copper BB

Thanks. That’s what I wanted to hear.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Shoot it and then hand it down. Nothing wrong with getting a well used piece from dad or grand-dad. They might be inclined to keep it, if they knew you used it or was your favorite.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
  5. WickedJoe

WickedJoe Copper BB

Thanks. I don’t have any safe queens, why start now, right? I’m dying to try it out. I’m glad you guys agree.
  6. @WickedJoe Joe, if you've never shot a Hi-Power before, you're in for a tasty treat. I don't want to over-build your expectations, so I'm going to go over to the side now and sip a beverage. Have fun.
  7. Soundguy

Soundguy .410

If you bought it to use... alter it to your hearts desire and shoot it until you can't shoot no more!

Cheers,

Tim