1919 16 Gauge Type III

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Another vote for 16, but I do only have 16 and 12 shotguns and reloaded for only those. I sold all other gauges long ago. Nothing wrong with a 12, and best for waterfowl and turkeys.
    Ranger6 likes this.
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Picture posting test[​IMG]
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Thanks buddy. Looks like still not working with my I phone. Those are looking pretty good. That is strange that you use your phone, but I get an error that says I don't have permission.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

[​IMG]
    Only managed to get one today. Hopefully the corn comes off soon so I have a little easier time finding birds
    recoil, Jta5er and Rudolph31 like this.
  5. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Nice pic and scenery as usual. Dog looks happy too.
    win7stw likes this.
  6. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Had a good day in the field today. Thank goodness the spot I hunted held a lot of birds. I struggled with shooting today. It took eight shots to get three birds. I put some different lumber on this gun and I think that’s why I shot terrible….
    recoil and Ranger6 like this.
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Gave the Type III a break yesterday and took my 16 525 Sporting out. One of the few times in my life I could have used the third shell. Had one bird in the bag and my dog went on point. Second rooster got up and dumped him. Third rooster flushed as number two was falling. Missed third bird with my remaining shot. As I was fumbling around trying to reload a fourth bird got up and I watched him fly away
    Auzzie likes this.
  8. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I’d post a pic but can’t for some reason right now
  9. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

You keep all this hunting and neat pictures stuff going at this rate be able to do your own calendar.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  10. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

11. Biz

Biz 20g

I would love to hunt with you with my Funken superposed but unfortunately it is a 12 gauge. Very nice pics Justin and I love your hunting companion.
    win7stw likes this.
  12. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Some day we will make it happen. You are more than welcome to shoot your 12 ga Funken. I would love to see one in person.
  13. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Took today to off chase some pheasants. I haven’t been out in a few weeks due to deer hunting and my wife’s 40th. We got 24” of snow 2 weeks ago so I knew it was going to be a little tough today. There was absolutely no wind today and it was in the 30’s. I walked a slough and the snow was waist deep in areas. I missed the first 5 birds and I was very frustrated because my gun wasn’t ejecting the Gamebore shells I was using. I went to a drainage and strapped on the snowshoes and hit the next three that the dogs pointed. The dogs bailed me out as two of them weren’t hit real hard. Had extra time so I took a lot of pictures today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Rudolph31 and recoil like this.
  14. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

15. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Those are some damn good pictures buddy. Nice job
    win7stw likes this.
  16. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Neat pics as usual. Sitting here in AC today it's Sub tropical 105. So so different!
    Rudolph31 and win7stw like this.
  17. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

It felt like it was 105 by the time I was done with my last walk. I was sweating so bad
    recoil likes this.