X prefix 16 gauges

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks, I have that set. These are the first A5's I've had issues with tight screws, other than a Jap Sweet Sixteen stock screw.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Shot one round of skeet with the standard last night. It did it’s job better than I did. Shot a 21 and decided to shoot a round of sporting clays. The gun worked flawlessly and I ended up with a 45 on a 50 bird course. I was pretty happy as that’s my personal best on sporting clays
    jlp and Rudolph31 like this.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

And the legend continues to live. I’m sure Mr. Browning would have a smile on his face. Congrats on the shooting.
    jlp likes this.
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks Ranger. I found another 47 unmarked sweet in better condition than my other one. I am having a hard time not buying it. Kind of want to sell my BPS I posted. These old A5’s are addicting.
  6. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Yes they are. No such thing as having just one. I lost count at about 7 or 8.
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Well boys the old stealth sweet did it. I improved my personal best today by a bird. I shot a 46 out of 50. Shot a 23 on skeet, I hate station three. Gun worked great. Kind of crazy I’ve shot my two best rounds with these old guns.
    jlp and Rudolph31 like this.
  8. Ranger6

Great job!
  9. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

So I shot a round of skeet last night with a shooter that kind of has a bad reputation. Its the first time I've shot with him and he is pretty serious. I am pretty laid back, however he had to poke fun at my "prehistoric" A5. I proceeded to shoot a 25 with my 1947 sweet. He dropped his first bird on station 4 and then the wheels came off the bus for him. It was a great night other than I shot like garbage on sporting clays.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  10. Ranger6

Priceless. Congrats. And way to kick his ass. Love driving those kind in the ground.