X-Bolt Stalker Duratouch stock (2017)

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by Wazizit, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Wazizit

Wazizit .22LR

I have the stock that was on the rifle less than 30 days if anybody wants it. It's the black stalker duratouch (AKA Plastic) that I am hearing complaints about. If anybody has a damaged one and needs it just pay the freight and its yours. This is what I went with.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like Boyd adjustable stock?
  3. Wazizit

Wazizit .22LR

Yea, I went with a Boyd's AT-ONE stock with target accessories and 1" pad. Here is a pic of the old stock. It's been sitting in my attic for months and I have no use for it.

Attached Files:

4. Wazizit

Wazizit .22LR

It should fit any short action X-Bolt without a bull barrel, but I could be wrong.
  5. I am very reluctantly a Boyd Dealer. By that I mean I was brokering a deal for multiple stocks Pararie Hunter with them in Black Laminate. They have all been bery successfully fitted to rifles that are shooting extremely well. I am still trying to get an All Weather X Bolt in either .243 or 6.5 Creedmore. I am also looking some at the Eclipse X Bolts and I don’t know where that will go. I do though have a great admiration for Boyd Laminate stocks. The last one I personally would buy would be the adjustable stock like you have but can see the advantage for your uses. My interest is strictly hunting rifles that are extremely accurate. Your stock and rifle look very good now, and I am sure it shoots well. I was at a local excellent range yesterday, actually prefer my own, but there was a guy with a target X Bolt Eclipse 22-250 and shooting excellent groups. He shot 55 Times. My Sporter barrels would not do that! The groups and his handloads got better as he proceeeded. Again my hunting thinner profile barrels would simply not do what he was achieving. Made me think a Target Barrel might be what I could use?
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  6. Wazizit

Wazizit .22LR

I actually like the smaller barrels they are a lot quicker to cool. I made my own cooler and use it every other shot. The 147gr ELD-M really heat up a barrel. My Accuracy Intl. 338 has a 34" barrel 1.7" diameter and it takes forever to cool. On another subject, there is a guy having problems with his new boyd's stock on 65creedmore.com. His gunsmith messed up the bedding job. I could do it for him but I have to many projects going already. Do you know anybody good in the Colorado area?
  7. Problem is with your regime is that it has few parallels in the hunting or military world. I have done a lot of both. Water cooling a barrel though is sure quick! I regard bedding as a try it and see method and I use very little, as in the Winchester Super Grade bedding and the Browning X Bolt bedding style. Since he had a gunsmith do the bedding my guess it got overdone and that is often a one way street. Glass bedding, done quite heavy is a real mess. When I am in
    Wyoming I usually do a few while I am there. But not this year. Bench rest shooters are trying to achieve championship accuracy and by definition that is extremely difficult. Add shooter input like reading and adjusting to windage, various lighting even mirage, and considerable distance shots and the plot thickens. I guess Your pal needs to research the area he is in to enlist help. I have bedded a number of Boyd stocks, always starting very sparse with usually Bedrock and select areas. I find that a Boyd’s finished stock is almost always spot on for barrel and action fit. Requiring very little other than drop in, small amount of bedding and then torquing the screws to a recommended tight and then go shoot it and discover. Then adjust as necessary. For hunting rifle accuracy the usual trial of about MOA is acceptable. Then try various loads until you’re happy. I have had to use grinding tools to remove bedding in some bad cases. I am usually very lucky these rigs are brought to me first.
  8. Saw your thread on 6.5 Creedmore Forum. I see one of your rifles is an X Bolt Long Distance 6.5. Right now again I am leaning towards a 6.5 on a Browning X Bolt Eclipse maybe in a Target Model. I probably will settle down soon and stop buying rifles. Hopefully one more rifle will complete a dandy collection for me. Someday my son and grandsons will decide which they want, then sell the rest. I really do like the Laminate stocks, mostly the black and silver version. This would be the first target barrelI ever bought!