X-Bolt Scope Power Choice Question

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by Wren1911, Aug 8, 2017.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Painters Tape...101 Uses !! :rolleyes:
  2. Wren1911

Wren1911 .22LR

Hey if the shoe fits,if it don't use some painters tape.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  3. cupton

cupton .410

Don't mind at all sorry it took so long. Let me know if you need any other angles or less blurry photos. I guess I shouldn't have so much coffee before taking pics!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Rob poston and SHOOTER13 like this.
  4. cupton

cupton .410

A few more with the front cap on...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Rob poston and SHOOTER13 like this.
  5. Wren1911

Wren1911 .22LR

Thank you,judging from your pictures medium will definitely work.Low may also work,with the scope my objective bell is way farther forward.Im going to make some more mockup shims tonight I'm also looking at the talley rings.
  6. cupton

cupton .410

Great! Curious to see the outcome!
  7. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

That's what you care about. You want your eye to align perfectly with the scope when you close your eyes and 'rest' your cheek or head on the stock. That's sort of a prone position setup idea, but it can be applied to standing as well.
  8. Wren1911

Wren1911 .22LR

Looked over the pictures and did a little math when I got home.Placed a order for a set of talley light weight mounts in low.The DNZ medium game reaper would have been .469 from the reciver to bottom of the scope tube.The front was fine,but the rear might have been a problem.It appeared the bolt handle would barely If at all cleared the rear lense cap.The talley mounts are different highs front and rear.Front .440 rear .515.This should drop the front .029 and lift the rear .046.Small amount but I think these will do,at least if my math is sound.Also the talley's I ordered are burnt bronze cerakote to match the reciver and barrel of my rifle.Ill post some pictures when they get in.
    cupton likes this.
  9. Wren1911

Wren1911 .22LR

Well looks like my magic cardboard shims were right on.The talley lightweight low's came in today.I only had a few minutes to check if they fit.Color is a dead match with the reciver and barrel.Ill get the scope properly setup tonight and sight it in Saturday.Ill upload some pictures in a little while.I'm very happy with the results.
    cupton likes this.
  10. Wren1911

Wren1911 .22LR

IMG_0121.JPG IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG IMG_0124.JPG
    MZ5 likes this.
  11. cupton

cupton .410