X-Bolt and Browning Service

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by donutslayer, Aug 20, 2018.

1. This is more of a report than a question. I have 2 x-bolts. 1 in 30'06 and the latest in 300WSM. I reload for both. I'm almost 51 now and have been reloading since high school. While using starting loads to break in the barrel, I noticed small pits (2) on my bolt face. Wow, the only other rifle I have seen this before was my old M4 I was issued and only ever used factory ammo for that one. Anyway, I sent the rifle back to Browning and they told me it wasnt structural and to keep shooting the rifle. But if I wanted it fixed, they would do it for $321. I told them to send it back to me. Now I went and looked at the once fired brass and did not see any signs of pressure from them. No carbon, flattened primers, nothing. I even was shooting thru a magnetospeed chrono and was getting about 2850fps. (somewhere just short of 3100 is max) 30'06 is fine. Heck, bolt face is fine on my Remmy 700 270WSM. I guess since they said its good ta go, I'll let her rip. Just aint too happy with the pits.