Ultrasonic cleaner

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Biz, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Biz

Biz 20g

Hello friends,
    Any of you have experience using an ultrasonic cleaner for dislodging small rusty screw and 100 years of accumulated mix of dried powder, oil and grease in a receiver.
    Thank for your feedback
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I think Win7stw uses one for cleaning. I'm sure we will see him sometime today. We talked about one a while back, I wanted something to clean brass. I think it would work if you can find one big enough to get the receiver in. I went with wet tumbler, and it works well for brass.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Yes I use the heated one we have at work. It’s the best way to clean these old war horses in my opinion. The one i use is too small for the receiver which isn’t a big deal. I usually use a brass brush and CRC super degreaser to clean inside the receiver. Don’t waste your time with the Hornady one shot solution. I’ll post a link of the one we use
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

We use a Brandon 3510 which appears to be discontinued
  5. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Lot of people involved aviation maintenance use them for cleaning range of stuff and generally have larger size commercial baths for what they do.