Took the ‘47 Sweet out

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Nov 22, 2020.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Took the 47 Stealth out today for a couple hours. I’ve been in a terrible shooting slump but today I recovered. I went 3 for 3 with my paper 65 mm roll crimped shells.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Very nice Justin. Super jealous
    antman73 likes this.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks Rob. I put on way more miles than I wanted. Lots of hens today before I found some roosters. I also shot a coyote with the 16 today too
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Yea, but nothing like you, your dog and gun in the woods. How far was the coyote? Use #5 on him?
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Coyote was about 5 yards. One ounce of nickel plated 5’s to the head did the job
  6. antman73

antman73 .410

Nice looking gun, nice birds, nice dog, nice land. Yup I'm jealous.
    win7stw likes this.
  7. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Nice dog daughter loved photo. Excuse ignorance what type of game Birds?
  8. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks. They are Ring necked pheasants. They were brought over here from China. They are excellent table fair.
  9. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Very nice photos. Looks like they were taken by a pro. Getting a dog to pose is damn near impossible.
  10. Biz

Biz 20g

Yes those a very nice pictures Justin. May be you should reorient your career. No snow yet? Here we are expecting 25 cm.
  11. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks Rudolph, not bad for an iPhone huh? I got lucky today as the sun was perfect and I caught my dog being still. She usually won’t look at the camera. I couldn’t get a good picture of the other dog. It’s impossible to get two dogs to pose.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  12. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks Marc. I’m a much better electrician than photographer like I said earlier I got lucky with these photos. We have had a little snow but it melted. It’s been in the 40-50’s F here. Not the norm for this time of year. I wish we would get a foot or so, most guys quit hunting when the snow flies. I live for hunting birds in the snow
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  13. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

The 47 never made it out of the case today. I brought it with but carried my 425 Citori for the first walk and got my limit. I can’t tell you how much I love pheasant hunting in the snow

[​IMG]
    antman73 and Rudolph31 like this.
  14. antman73

antman73 .410

Nice pair of proud pups. looks pretty cold up there.
  15. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Not bad considering it the end of December. It was 20 and 5-10 MPH winds