THOMPSON SMG

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by SHOOTER13, May 30, 2011.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

This firearm acquisition was the realization of a childhood dream...growing up watching TV series like The Untouchables back in the 60's...then seeing that series made into a movie...and then recent movies like Miller's Crossing and Public Enemies. Tommy Gun action at it's best...

THOMPSON 1927a1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Upland Special

Upland Special Copper BB

Re: SHOOTER13's 1927a1...

So is this the "commando" model? I always thought that if I were to get a tommy gun I would get the commando model. Does this thing take USGI mags? I imagine it is a pussy cat to shoot since the gun itself is heavy. How is the accuracy of this thing?
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Re: SHOOTER13's 1927a1...

That is correct...it is the "Commando" model ( T1-C is the catalog designation ). And yea, it is a heavy gun ( 13 lbs unloaded )...but balanced ( 16.5" finned barrel + Cutts Compensator = 18" overall ) and easy to control when firing the .45 caliber slug. It will accept USGI magazines ( bought a dozen from Sportmans Guide...still in cosmoline...$19 EACH ) with a little dremel work to elongate the TOP of the receiver "hole" on the stick mag. The Thompson site actually sells used USGI stick mags now, but at $40 each (right now on sale)...normally $50...a don't mind dragging out the dremel and doing the work myself...being VERY careful not to take away to much steel...dremel a little then insert mag until it clicks in.

[​IMG]