Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Charles Rice

Charles Rice Copper BB

Grew up in Texas started shooting pistols about 1958 or 59. Mostly shoot 1911s now and lots of Sig Sauer P-320s. No avatar selected...kinda like .36 cal Navy Colt -- couldn't figure out to load one...

Came on this forum looking for someone who might know the best pricing source for Browning BAR 30-06 BAR Deer Hunter Trophy (#43 of 500) (looks to be Grade IV or V...a friend of mine died of bone cancer Christmas time 2020...I'm trying to help his widow get rid of his lifetime collection...only Browning he had was this BAR and I cannot find it listed anywhere...Armslist had one sometime ago...their picture comes up on a Google search, but as far as I can tell they've closed from an open list.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir, I would suggest that you make a post in the BAR section. You probably won’t get much in the way of an answer here.
    If you think it’s worth a good amount you may want to have it appraised. Maybe do so searching on gun broker or guns international to get an idea. I see lots on those sites that have crazy prices, so you need to look at ones that sold and how much. The other option is contact an auction site that deals with Browning’s and ask for their input.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
  3. Mley1

Mley1 Copper BB

I’m married with three kids. All of us have the initials ML. So, I’m Mley1, wife is Mley2, eldest son Mley3 and so on.
    Ranger6 likes this.
  4. Capt Ray

Capt Ray Copper BB

My avatar is me 10 years ago at age 62 and I am a boat Captain licenced for 100 tons out to 100 miles. I used to run charters and a headboat (party boat) in the evenings, thus I usually refer to myself as "nitecapt" but now I am retired.
    Many of the best memories of my life come from working on boats and I frequently entertain people with stories about that time such as when we were about to leave and a woman passenger asked a deckhand "If we have a thunderstorm tonight, will we go home?" and the wise guy deck hand responded "even if we don't have a thunderstorm, we will go home." As it turned out we had a microburst with winds to 70mph but it only lasted about 40 minutes. I loved weather like that, it ws thrilling to watch it coming on on the radar and feel the chill as the cold air came from aloft. Watching the seas go from flat calm to evil.
    ShooterGranny and Rudolph31 like this.
  5. A5-RabbitHunter92

A5-RabbitHunter92 Copper BB

Just purchased 1953 A5 16ga primarily large and small game hunter but especially rabbit hunting with my beagles and no avatar yet.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  6. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir.
  7. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

Tinyman -- well, while stationed at Pease AFB New Hampshire, a new 2nd Lt was being shown around the squadron. He was a short little feller and when he was introduced to me he looked me up and down and said, "you are Tiny". Kept the nickname Tiny for years. When I started into handguns and picked a forum to get smarter, Tiny was already taken.

Avatar -- squadron patch worn on our left shoulder above rank insignia -- yes, my first aircraft started a 24 year military career.
  8. Ranger6

Thank you for your service, greatly appreciated.
    Tinyman likes this.
  9. ShooterGranny

ShooterGranny .270 WIN

I am a grandma and I shoot a lot. It's who I am. I might change that purple dress and red hat avatar one of these days though.
    mark40 and Rudolph31 like this.
  10. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

The hat can stay but the purple dress gotta go to a different color.
  11. mark40

mark40 Copper BB

My user name is derived from my first name Mark and 40 was my badge number (retired firefighter). The avatar is my favorite .22 pistol, the Browning 1911-22.
    Tinyman and ShooterGranny like this.
  12. ShooterGranny

ShooterGranny .270 WIN

OK, smarty - here's a different one. This one took me 2 days to put together, using 9 different graphics, so it's going to stay for a while. :lol:
    Ranger6 and mark40 like this.
  13. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

Really -- does green and purple actually match?

(Just joking)
    ShooterGranny likes this.
  14. ShooterGranny

ShooterGranny .270 WIN

Magenta. It's magenta. LOL (Note the matching earmuffs, glasses rims, tennis shoes and arm and waist bands on the shirt - and I like green pants, so there. All of that is what took me so long to put the picture together, working with graphics that I had to downsize to that tiny, and recolor so they all matched. I used to do a lot of that for fun. ) :gimme5:

Actually, I have framed and hanging on my wall the poem "Warning," better known as "When I am an old woman," and it is still one of my favorites even now that I AM an old woman! And even though I took her off and put Mrs. Green Jeans on instead.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    Tinyman and mark40 like this.